Why is my F-Secure showing Security Cloud Unavailable

Options
Derby_Mark
Derby_Mark Posts: 1 New Member

Hello.

This is showing on my menu bar, with a yellow warning circle.

How can I put this right? I am using macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Thanks for any help

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks to the fact that Derby Mark sent us diagnostic data, we were able to find the cause of the displayed message.

Some services critical to the product have been disabled. They could have been removed accidentally manually, or some third party software has removed them.

Anyway, the reinstallation of the product has helped and this is what we recommend to do in the first place.

Thank you @Derby_Mark ones again. 🖐️

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

I am not familiar with macOS platform, but if your trouble is still not sorted and it is not something temporarily (or purely on the F-Secure side; like if some maintaining) - did you try to restart system? Shut down - turning on?

And some more information can be useful to know: is it fresh installation? or all was fine and only recently Security Cloud became with a yellow warning circle?

There is also KB article about malfunction with Security Cloud: F-Secure product shows error notification "Security Cloud Malfunction" on a Mac computer - F-Secure Community

however, instead of trying to perform some actions from KB - I will suggest to contact official Support channels there: (Contact support | F-Secure); for example, web-chat.

because since your F-Secure is 19.2 version - there can be differences.

Thanks!

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 200 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Derby_Mark

In case of your problem, we will need diangostic data to determine the cause on your computer.

Please only do not publish diagnostic data on a public forum.

I will contact you in a private message and explain how to collect and send diagnostic data.

We are in contact 

Have a nice day

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info