Options

Release 19.2 beta 1 (5.2.1228):

New features:

• User interfaces framework updated to Microsoft .NET 6
  • Main user interface top bar unification between multiple feature views
  • Vault is now auto-generating 16 char strong password for new pw entries
  • Animations for Smart tasks

Bug Fixes:

• Fix for Vault autolock not following set value. (KID-1640)

Known issues:

• Launching some tools marked with shield in user interfaces does not work

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

Options

The update to .NET 6.0 didn't go as smoothly as expected. There are currently 3 known issues that we are working to solve as soon as possible.

• 64-bit UI binaries are not signed and show yellow warning in UAC elevation
    • 32-bit UI binaries go missing in update, 32-bit product has no UI. The user is still protected, since the core of the product works.

• fs-seppo
    fs-seppo Posts: 22 F-Secure Employee
    Options

Release 19.2 beta 3 (5.2.1455):

Bug Fixes:

• 64-bit UI binaries are not signed and show yellow warning in UAC elevation
    • 32-bit UI binaries go missing in update, 32-bit product has no UI
    • VPN bypass causing Blue Screen error in IPv6 network

Seppo

• acasohp
    acasohp Posts: 6 Explorer
    Options

After updated to version 19.2 Beta 3 the explorer context menu disappeared.

• Late
    Late Posts: 10 F-Secure Employee
    Options
  • acasohp
    Options

Não funcionou, a dllinstall não foi localizada

• acasohp
    Options

Translate: It didn't work, dllinstall was not found

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    Options

so far so good, pleasant and stable UI

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Options

All good, but my beta subscription expires in six days. Are these being automatically renewed?

• Rafael_2574
    Rafael_2574 Posts: 3 New Member
    Options

Todo bien por ahora.

• yeoldfart
    Options

sounds good

Options

If you are seeing a green rectangle at the top-right corner in Microsoft Edge, then it's caused by F-Secure Browsing Protection extension. The information is debug information for internal testing and was accidentally released to beta. We have already fixed this but Edge review process takes up to a week, as soon as the fixed extension is approved and released by Microsoft the rectangle goes away.

Until that, if it's interfering too much, you can disable our Browsing Protection extension from Edge or use other browsers. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello,

Sorry to bother you. I come with three points to ask.

First one.

About Edge's rectangle (for some reason I called it a table..)

by the way, is this the reason why I can't see the extension in Microsoft Edge store /microsoftedge.microsoft.com/ ? I mean, two of the three available options are available on their pages. And the one that is installed and that is copied from the Settings page (in fs protection UI) is not available there.

I just haven’t tried to remove the extension and try to configure it again, but I suspect that this will be impossible at the moment.

// and, also, I like this debug information. at least, I realized that locally whitelisted (and blacklisted) resources are completely disconnected from Security Cloud checks as I think now.

Second one. How to properly use the ability to recategorize using an extension? Before beta 4 - 'used' category was listed. Now, entire list of categories are unchecked. So, let’s say if you need to propose removing the category “Alcohol and...” or “Dating” for a specific website that was so categorized. And considering that now the entire list is in an unchecked state (before beta 4 - the “used” category was ticked). Should I, say, just “submit” an empty list with no category selected (if there is no “matching” one in it)?

Third one.

You can see rating of various shopping sites in the search results when you hover mouse over the rating icons, and when you enter a shopping site you see a prompt telling you how trustworthy that website is. You can also see the rating in the browser extension menu.

I do see 'shopping' generic logo for shopping sites in the search results when I hover mouse over the rating logos. But should I see something else? I mean, what there means by "rating"?

I do able to meet a couple of prompts. And I can see logo and rating (smiles/wording) in the browser extension menu. However, (did not try to much yet) I managed to see rating for any page only for one shopping site.

Two others with the view like - only 'main domain' (www.shopping.shop for example) with rating. But any subpage/part of resource will not trigger a prompt or rating via extension menu. In addition, for one of them, sometimes there is a rating - sometimes there is not. And another is not about rating in the extension's menu or even it will say that website is no analyzed yet.

One point to mention: since I do use Content Filtering (shopping-category is included), so I have to whitelist website to see 'a prompt/pop-up'. Maybe this flow is a reason for other unclear effects. But only partially.

Thanks! And sorry for my English.

• dukavi
    dukavi Posts: 119 F-Secure Product Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

New Edge extension has been approved at Microsoft Edge store and now available for installation. It typically takes long time to approve new Edge extension at store and we apologies for the inconvenience!

New extension has new features and we recommend to enable "Trusted shopping" option in Settings to see shopping websites ratings.

---

F-Secure R&D

• dukavi
    dukavi Posts: 119 F-Secure Product Expert
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Ukko

Regarding your observations, trusted shopping rating should be visible in 3 places: search results (balloon), popup dialog when visiting shopping website and extension menu.

---

F-Secure R&D

• Ukko
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for your response about this part!

Regarding your observations, trusted shopping rating should be visible in 3 places: search results (balloon), popup dialog when visiting shopping website and extension menu.

Yes, I managed to see it in three places now.

Trouble (or situation): search results (balloon) will not show this 'trusted shopping rating' (smiles) if you do use Parental Control/Family Rules Content filtering with "shopping and auctions"-category. So, you will see only 'restricted'-type balloon with a generic shop-website logo and no trusted shopping rating. As a result, 'trusted shopping rating' will be visible only in extension menu (whenever you try it - blockpage or if website is whitelisted) and if you decided to whitelist a particular shopping website - then you can see a popup dialog too.

I tried to uncheck 'Shopping'-category in My FS Protection portal and now I do see these ratings in search results (balloon) too.

• Gandalf_The_Grey
    Gandalf_The_Grey Posts: 7 Explorer
    Options

Got 19.2 beta 6 (5.3.2326) yesterday.

Can you post the changelog?

Options

Release 19.2 beta 6 (5.3.2326):

New features:

• "Real-time scanning" has been changed to "automatic scanning" in Settings UI.
    • Turned off automatic scanning is now shown as "warning" (yellow task) instead of "error" (red task)
    • Event history event for blocked untrusted shopping websites.
    • New "Subscription" view in Main UI

Bug Fixes:

• Miscellaneous fixes in browser extension detection logic.
    • Don't create 'Conflicting product' smart task when automatic scanning is turned off.

• yeoldfart
    Options

I have no troubles with FS Business, excepted two matters

# I only have 5 locations to choose from in the VPN part: Netherlands, japan, USA, Singapore, UK and Finland... I am french, living in France and I need a french server location in France. How can I get that one ?

# Much important too I cant activate pipelining AND killswitch as pippeling is not availble

Pease help

Thank you

• Ukko
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the comment.

With beta 6: feature that showed a (disabled) module in the list - discarded?

I mean, for example, in "Viruses and Threats" screen: list of modules (Security Cloud, DeepGuard, ..., Gaming mode). Before beta 6 (and after some of betas) disabled modules were listed with a mark. Now with the redesigned logos - I did not see that. I keep "Gaming mode" disabled.

Thanks!

Options

@yeoldfart

The VPN exit node selection is very limited since this is a free beta product. If you wish to have more options, you have to use the paid version of the product.

I did not understand the second comment, can you clarify.

• MaHeHRO
    MaHeHRO Posts: 20 Enthusiast
    Options

That the deactivated real-time protection only appears a yellow warning rather than a red warning I think is counterproductive for simple users.

Options

Release 19.2 beta 7 (5.3.2421):

Bug Fixes:

• Failed update rollback failure (PBL-11659)
    • Main UI pops up constantly with no apparent reason (PBL-11685)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Release 19.2 beta 8 (5.3.2422):

Bug Fixes:

• After logout user does not get to login screen (PBL-11753)
    • User may see blank main UI in certain configurations (PBL-11663)
    • Visiting ID Monitoring may disable other feature cards (PBL-11741)
    • "All protection off" shows status as green (PBL-11733)
    • User is shown login button when login is not possible (PBL-11748)
    • .NET processes do not create proper crash dump file (PBL-11750)

• Gandalf_The_Grey
    Options

Is it correct that the new "Trusted shopping" feature is grayed out now?

Was in beta 7 and still is in beta 8 with the "Browser protection by F-Secure (beta)" extension version 5.1.61 with Microsoft Edge version 118.0.2088.61 as browser.

• Ukko
    Options

Is it correct that the new "Trusted shopping" feature is grayed out now?

mine is "grayed out" too since 21.10.2023 (at least; but maybe a bit earlier);

I was able to use Trusted Shopping with 5.1.61 extension in Microsoft Edge, though.

Options

The grayed out Trusted shopping setting should now be fixed. We had small misconfiguration on server side.

• Gandalf_The_Grey
    Options

Thanks, it is fixed for me.

• Ukko
    Options

Hello,

A small point to ask.

Installation and user account (Windows) where the “Login” task is present (yellow one). And one else task (... blue one, cannot re-think now which one it is).

For many months (probably) - I suspected that tasks were being shown again (now this, now another) despite the use of "forget it". Recently, I am sure that I dismiss all the tasks and 'forget it' is ticked. However, a couple of days after receiving beta 8 - this system showed this "Login" task again. Should it be so?

This time I definitely did dismiss and marked 'forget it', in case it appears again. So this comment is a timestamp. :)

Thanks!

Options

TOTAL 19.2 has been released to production. We'd like to thank all beta testers for their feedback and looking forward to continue with 19.3 version soon.