F-Secure Total Firefox plugin for Password Manager

Options
indrekr
indrekr Posts: 11 Explorer
edited January 3 in F-Secure Total

Hi,

As of a few days ago, the passwprd manager plugin has stopped working for Firefox. It asks for the authetication code from the Total app password manager. If I copy the code into the Firefox plugin, which can be done, the blue authorization button below the code field does not function. I can click it, but nothing happens.

I have tried rebooting, removing the Firefox plugin and reinstalling it, but to no effect. Using Firefox 114.0.2 (64bit) on Windows 10. Any suggestions on how to get the plugin to work again?

Accepted Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @indrekr

Thank you for your post.

Could you please let us know the specific version of F-Secure Total that you are currently using?

We have received similar reports regarding the issue you mentioned, and I want to assure you that our team is actively investigating the matter. Rest assured, we are working diligently to resolve this issue. In fact, we are currently developing a new version of the extension that will address the problem. We will keep you updated and inform you as soon as the updated version is available for download.

If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help you.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you have a great day.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @indrekr

Thank you for your reply.

We kindly ask you to update your F-Secure Total to the latest version, which is 19.1. Additionally, we have released a new version of the extension specifically for Firefox, which is version 5.1.24. Once you have updated the app to the latest version, please uninstall the extension and reinstall it to ensure that you have the most recent version installed. This updated version is specifically designed to address and fix the issue you are experiencing.

Please let me know the outcome once you have installed and checked the issue with the updated extension.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• indrekr
    Options

I am on F-Secure 19.0. Have not tried to update/upgrade it manually, have been relying on automated updates so far.

• indrekr
    Options

Dear @Firmy ,

Thank you for the advice! I can confirm that following your instructions from above solved the issue, Firefox extension working OK again.

I was operating under the assumption that F-Secure would automatically update me to the latest version. Maybe that would have required more time to happen automatically. In any case, problem solved now.

This discussion has been closed.