Id Protection Not connecting to server

MarceloPetri
MarceloPetri Posts: 1 New Member
edited December 2023 in F-Secure ID Protection

Hello.

I want to sinc my laptop to my iphone.

but I cant get the code since the connect divice on my ID Protection can not connect to the server.

I have add the applicarion to the firewall and VPN off and nothing.

I have used other way also.. the main app on the desktop and voult and differente view, but same issue.. can not generate tje code for sinking.

It sais that fail to fetch code

help!!

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,824 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @MarceloPetri

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

We would like to understand if you are experiencing the same issue with both F-Secure Total and F-Secure ID Protection, or if it's specific to one of them. We recently released a new version of F-Secure Total (version 19.1), so please ensure that you have updated the app and check if the issue persists after updating.

Alternatively, we recommend following these steps. Please refer to the instructions based on whether you are using F-Secure Total or F-Secure ID Protection:

1. Export your passwords (F-Secure Total, F-Secure ID Protection).
    2. Uninstall the app using the Uninstallation tool. Select the option to remove the app (F-Secure Total/F-Secure ID Protection) and user data.
    3. Check if the file "storage.json" is still present in the following location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\F-Secure\NS\default\IDP\<user-sid>\storage.json. If the file still exists, please manually delete it.
    4. Release the license in My F-Secure.
    5. Reinstall the app (F-Secure Total, F-Secure ID Protection).
    6. Create a new master password.
    7. Import your passwords into the app (F-Secure Total, F-Secure ID Protection)
    8. Sync your passwords again using Connect devices feature (F-Secure Total, F-Secure ID Protection).

Please let us know the outcome once you have completed these steps.

Thank you and have a great day.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info