Wifi Hotspot doesn't work on Android

Options
Caye
Caye Posts: 2 New Member
edited December 2023 in F-Secure Total

Hello,

I have an F-Secure Total subscription, and the app is installed among other things on my daughter's Android phone. After installing the app, sharing WIFI has not been possible. When trying to make the phone a WiFi hotspot, nothing happens.

What can be done, except for uninstalling the app?

Caye

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for providing additional information!

My Android 12 device is configured as a child profile too. However, seems I can use the hotspot feature. At least, each option / steps which I tried.

Android 9 device is configured as an adult profile. Also, cannot reproduce the trouble. Maybe I did not try enough good (since, normally, I do not use hotspots functionality and maybe I miss something).

Note: my tries were limited to check that "function" logo is changed to be 'activated' or that nothing disappeared after opening.

I am not sure why your device received this trouble after F-Secure installation. Probably, F-Secure app should not control this.

When I try to do it from the cog wheel menu, a new screen opens (as it should) but disappeard in half a second, not allowing me to do anything further.

If F-Secure app will redirect or close some screens (like prevention for deleting F-Secure application or using restricted app) - there should be related logo or screen/notification about this event. In your case - how it looks like? Is there any mentions that F-Secure close/restrict opening? Or more like it is a 'crash' event? If so - maybe something wrong with system/configuration. Did you try to restart (normal restart like turning off / turning on) device? Are all updates (just in case) installed?

Sometimes device's built-in battery savers, special modes or energy optimisations are too tricky. Could you try to check if something like that is available on your model and enabled?

Thanks!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,624 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

sharing WIFI has not been possible. When trying to make the phone a WiFi hotspot, nothing happens.

I am not sure, but I think I can to do it with my devices.

Can you provide a bit more information:

• what is your Android version?
    • is it F-Secure app in child profile installation (configured as such)? Is 'Privacy VPN' feature turned on?
    • 'nothing happens' at which step? I mean, you trying to make the phone a Wii hotspot - but.. nothing happens when or which thing is not possible to perform?

Thanks!

• Caye
    Caye Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hello,

The Android version is 11 (it's a Galaxy A32 5G).

Yes, it's configured as a child profile (7-12 years)

When I tap the icon which turns on the hotspot function, it doesn't change colour to show it is activated. Rather, nothing happens. When I try to do it from the cog wheel menu, a new screen opens (as it should) but disappeard in half a second, not allowing me to do anything further.

It seems the hotspot function is blocked, and this seems to have been the case since I installed F-Secure.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.