Is F-secure Freedome not a part of F-secure-Total. I think it was some time ago

I can't find where to install it from my f-Secure Total

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,632 Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Is F-secure Freedome not a part of F-secure-Total. I think it was some time ago

Nothing changed (probably) since last discussion about this subject: F-Secure Total — F-Secure Community

As a brief overview from another topic: F-Secure FREEDOME (now F-Secure VPN) was a vital part of F-Secure Total package.

Now, F-Secure Total app is all-in-one solution, where VPN (Privacy VPN feature) is built-in module. So, to use F-Secure Total now is to install F-Secure app. Where all features are included (like Privacy VPN, Password Vault, AV, Browsing Protection, and more). It is possible to do by using My F-Secure portal (Installing the product on your first device | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides)

Previously, to use F-Secure Total means: you need to install F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Freedome and so on.

I can't find where to install it from my f-Secure Total

Good to know - what is your operating system / device? For example, let's assume that this is Windows platform.

If your F-Secure Total installation is latest available version, then you need to use Privacy VPN instead of F-Secure Freedome (VPN). Online Guide / Documentation about:

If you cannot find 'Privacy VPN' in your installation - there is a small possibility that this module/feature is not included in your subscription plan. If so, I am not sure sure how to check it or change it, but good to know how/where you purchased subscription (directly from F-Secure or other options).

Also, F-Secure VPN (Freedome) as such.. with some changes: My F-Secure account required for F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscriptions - F-Secure Community

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.