Disable battery optimization on mobile app

MaHeHRO
MaHeHRO Posts: 20 Enthusiast

Instead of a persistent notification, the F-Secure Mobile app should turn off battery optimization on Android. As I know other apps do this, for example, via a pop-up. This also helps the app to run smoothly.

Example at Nextcloud if you want to activate automatic uploading:

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

Instead of a persistent notification, the F-Secure Mobile app should turn off battery optimization on Android

I tried check settings of F-Secure app (beta) - it says "unrestricted". Two other options are "with optimisation" and "restricted".

Is it another type of mentioned "Disable battery optimization on mobile app"?

Instead of a persistent notification, the F-Secure Mobile app should turn off battery optimization on Android.

Maybe "F-Secure needs to be running to protect you. We need to display this notification to prevent Android system trying from closing F-Secure" (if this is persistent notification) is about other restrictions for apps running in background?

Thanks!

• MaHeHRO
    MaHeHRO Posts: 20 Enthusiast

The default value is "with optimization". If the optimization is off, then the persistent notification is no longer needed. I have already tested this with several apps.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

The default value is "with optimization". If the optimization is off, then the persistent notification is no longer needed. I have already tested this with several apps.

I checked with two of my devices and beta F-Secure (fs protection).

-> Android 9; adult-profile fs protection installation;

-> Android 12; child-profile fs protection installation (this I checked at the time of first comment);

So, both of them with "unrestricted". I tried to follow instruction from this discussion (F-Secure , Android, I keep signed off against my knowledgeable and will — F-Secure Community) - is it another one battery optimization?

I did not change any default settings manually (only if per app request). With both devices - persistent notification is visible.

How can I check mentioned optimization by you?

And if we are talking about the same battery optimization (place) - is it really that 'persistent notification' pinned to only this reason? I mean, I read or somewhere was an explanation - Android can/will kill apps running in background despite 'unrestricted' battery use. The workaround is to show notification - so remain active and prevent Android system to do so.

But, again, I am only an F-Secure user and not really experienced with Android platform.

Thanks!