F-Secure , Android, I keep signed off against my knowledgeable and will

Options
S_A1
S_A1 Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Total

Version = 20.0.0022681

Android 13 and newest Android security update.

My user keeps signed off on a regular basis (daily/ every second day). This seems to have started after the newest update. By the looks of it happens around the same time when there used to be automatic scan. During the night/early in the morning/late in the evening.

The only way to notice that I have been signed off = The notification will then only say F-Secure. When I'm signed in the notification will say: 'F-Secure is running. F-Secure needs to be running to protect you. We need to display this notification to prevent Android system trying from closing F-Secure"

Sometimes when logging back in, all my licences are already in use so I need to free a licence from the device X although the device X is the one I'm currently using.

I also have Freedome VPN (the app) enabled/running at the same time.

Is this a known issue/bug or a feature? ^^ Is there something I can do prevent this loop of signed off signed in?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,658 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @S_A1

Welcome to the F-Secure Community page. Thank you for your post.

After logging in, it will consume a license from the My F-Secure, hence, it is best to release the previous license to make sure 1 license is only used on a device. You may go to this link to guide you on how to release the license from your account https://community.f-secure.com/common-home-en/kb/articles/5426-how-do-i-release-a-license-from-my-f-secure

Kindly do the following to assist you with the issue:

1. First, make sure that Android's battery optimization settings for F-Secure (old SAFE) are not causing the issue. To remedy this, go to Settings > Apps > F-Secure (old SAFE) > Battery and make sure that Battery optimization is set to "Unrestricted" or "Not optimized" (The exact path and naming can be different in different devices, please refer to manufacturer for the exact path and naming of the features.)
    2. Clear the app's cache and data: This can also help to resolve any issues with the app's settings or data.
    3. If the issue keeps persisting even after this, please uninstall F-Secure (old SAFE) from your device, and then restart the device, and then reinstall F-Secure back to the device, and finally check as per the bullet above, that battery optimization for Internet Security (old SAFE) is set to "Unrestricted" or "Not optimized". Kindly visit this link to guide you to uninstall and reinstall back the app https://community.f-secure.com/internet-security-en/kb/articles/6251-how-do-i-re-install-f-secure-safe-for-android

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Just as a follow-up to a very good troubleshooting guide above.

My user keeps signed off on a regular basis (daily/ every second day). This seems to have started after the newest update. By the looks of it happens around the same time when there used to be automatic scan. During the night/early in the morning/late in the evening

I tried to think about your description and there is something strange actually. Since, (yet) there is only one topic about such a description, and since Android 13 is mentioned - but I did not really find something about it on the web; I mean about other apps+Android 13 exclusively. And I did not meet this trouble with my devices: Android 9, Android 12..).

Can it be something about the way how apps stored in your device? There quite amount of topics if surf the web, with titles or subject like "user keep on getting logged out of the app/apps". Mostly, the recommendation or suggestion is pinned to advice in the vein 'not store the app on a SD Card'. And instead move it to Internal Storage / Phone storage (which is default, maybe).

Actually, I am not sure if F-Secure SAFE can be stored/installed on SD Card.. but I did not use any with my devices - so, I cannot try to repeat your routine with such a set up.

Other than that (and if the guide in the comment above will not be helpful to sort out situation) - since your mentions of 'scanning' - it could be a crash(?).

What is "automatic scan" - scan when you plug device to charge it? And is there possible to check if any of scans completed with success? Should be available from UI (like statistics/list of previous scans).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.