Uninstall FREEDOME on Mac

Options
ChristerH
ChristerH Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2023 in F-Secure Total

Now I have the new F-secure TOTAL installed on my MacBook. But the prior installation of FREEDOME is also starting up independently from TOTAL. If I close this FREEDOM the VPN on TOTAL is also closing.

How to uninstall FREEDOME?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,658 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ChristerH

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post.

I wanted to touch base with you about F-Secure Freedome VPN on your Mac. I noticed that you already have F-Secure Total installed with the Privacy VPN feature included. Just a friendly tip, it's not advisable to have more than one VPN running.

To help with this, I recommend that you simply drag and drop the app to uninstall F-Secure Freedome VPN. If you're not sure how to do this, don't worry! I've included some instructions below to make it easy.

1. Find the F-Secure Freedome VPN logo in the top right corner of your Mac (If the logo is not appearing in the top right corner of your screen, then just proceed to (3))
    2. Click on it, and click Quit
    3. Open Finder
    4. Find F-Secure Freedome VPN
    5. Drag the F-Secure Freedome VPN icon into Trash
    6. Enter your Mac password
    7. Reboot the Mac.

I wanted to let you know that running the commands in the Terminal could potentially cause an issue with Privacy VPN on F-Secure Total, so it's best to use the drag-and-drop method instead.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance. I'm always here to help!

Thank you for choosing F-Secure, and I hope you have a great day.

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user. And not sure about reasons (or points) of your experience.. because I am not using Mac. Sounds that can be important to find out if there is something wrong. Likely it should not be with any unclear states for user after receiving fresh app upgrade.

disregarded way (in favor of described way in other reply):

However, there is Online Help with some routine: How do I completely remove FREEDOME VPN on a Mac | VPN | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

But, maybe, it is better to wait an official response from F-Secure or Mac team.. just in case if anything special needed for such occasion and smooth transition between releases.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.