F-Secure TOTAL VPN quick settings

T_N_T
T_N_T Posts: 5 Explorer

Hello,

I suggest to add new right click item to F-Secure TOTAL notification icon to control VPN.

Suggested functionality would be so that when you right click the F-Secure icon in taskbar notification area, you could see if VPN is active, you could activate or disable it and you could change the virtual location.

At the moment one have to go through multiple clicks to change VPN settings and this is not as easy as it was with Freedome app.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Eetu_
    Eetu_ Posts: 1 Observer

Just piling on on the same issue.

Now that the F-Secure Password Vault is similarly hidden inside the main controls, it'd be great to have a simple right click access to it from the taskbar.

Coming to the menu below every time you need to change your VPN location or to copy/paste passwords is clunky (and you need to do so, because the password browser extensions break some websites and therefore can't be kept on all the time).

Having access to VPNs and passwords via taskbar menu would greatly help.

• T_N_T
    T_N_T Posts: 5 Explorer

I do not know if F-Secure developers get these messages, but it would be nice to get some kind of confirmation if this feature is considered to be added in future updates.

• indrekr
    indrekr Posts: 11 Explorer

Hi @T_N_T and @Eetu_ ,

I have recently posted essentially identical requests, before discovering your thread: https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/126820/f-secure-total-feature-request#latest.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the devs are taking note. Otherwise F-secure support has been really good on two previous occasions when I have asked for help.

• inssi77
    inssi77 Posts: 2 New Member

We paying customers do expect some action from F-secure, to address these important features.

When you need to instaal for example a printer (HP), you need to disconnect VPN. Now it is very cumbersome.

Freedome for mac was nice - you can see if and when the sw is running. Please note.

thanks

inssi77

• indrekr
    indrekr Posts: 11 Explorer

Any comments available from F-Secure regarding possible access to Passwords and VPN from taskbar menu in (near) future versions?

I think this is really important from the usability point of view - for some reason it also takes several seconds to open the F-Secure app before I can click on VPN or passwords. This adds annoying delays to the already annoying number of clicks needed to access important features.