F-Secure password autofill no longer available for Safari on macOS

Options
Roelof
Roelof Posts: 2 New Member
edited October 2023 in F-Secure Total

My suite of F-Secure apps (SAFE, ID PROTECTION, FREEDOME) was recently update to F-Secure, which bundles them into one app. Unfortunately, there is apparently no F-Secure extension for Safari on macOS that allows me to use the autofill feature after this upgrade. Also, when I received the message about the upgrade, there was no warning that this would break the autofill feature for Safari, which was available for F-Secure ID PROTECTION. Not good.

I have no plans to change the browser because I have a large number of tab groups in Safari and it is easier to change the password manager than the browser.

When will F-Secure repair the password autofill functionality for Safari on macOS?

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,712 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Roelof @Rene204

We regret any inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that currently, the autofill feature in the F-Secure Total app is not supported in Safari.

As a workaround, we recommend that you use a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox if you wish to use this feature. You may visit this link on how to set up the autofill on Google Chrome or Firefox https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/total-mac/latest/en/task_1D051C0EB8D0421A9AF0A3920D67B401-latest-en. Alternatively, you can manually enter your login information into the F-Secure Total app if you prefer to use Safari.

Our team is aware of this limitation and is working to improve the compatibility of our app with different browsers. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards providing the best possible experience for our users.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you and have a good day.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.