F-Secure issues and observation - trial on MacBook with Catalina (10.15.7)
I am new here and have been using F-Secure (as a trial) just for a couple of days. Before I used software from another company, but decided it was time for a change. My system is a MacBook with MacOS Catalina (10.15.7).
Issues I encountered with F-Secure are listed below as well as my observations. I expected to be able to write a kind of “problem report” to F-Secure by mail, however did not find a mail address. Only discovered two ways to report issues: either (1) call or chat with an F-Secure expert during business hours or (2) write to the community. So I write the issues I found here, seeking solutions and/or suggestions on how to proceed.
Issues I encountered and some observations and questions:
(1) F-Secure crashes after each start-up (switch-on) of my Mac, however seems to recover each time. These crash files are located in MacBook-Library-Logs-DiagnosticReports.
(2) After selecting DeepGuard in preferences and clicking advanced the first time after installation of F-Secure, F-Secure DeepGuard crashes. This crash file is located in User-Library-Logs-DiagnosticReports.
(3) After changing the DeepGuard setting from default to classic, F-Secure DeepGuard crashes a few times after selecting DeepGuard and clicking advanced. These crash files are located in User-Library-Logs-DiagnosticReports.
(4) F-Secure only scans about 60-70% of the number of files compared to other antivirus software. Is this because does F-Secure does not scan for example dmg or sparsebundle files (unless these are mounted), “root”-files, files in other “forbidden” directories and/or “archived” files?
(5) Is it correct that F-Secure does not create a scan logfile and neither a database update logfile (at least I could not find these files)?
(6) It is not possible to start a manual scan from the Mac Finder. Will this become possible on the shorter term?
(7) F-Secure for Mac does not offer an option to block the camera and/or the microphone. Will this become possible on the shorter term?
(8) F-Secure assumes that after each start-up of my Mac (switch-on), my Mac is connected to the internet. My way of working is different, so I hope F-Secure does not write an attempt to connect to internet every second or minute to a logfile as this would fill-up my free-disk-space. Is my hope/assumption correct?
(9) Removing (uninstall) F-Secure does not reduce the number of available licenses in the “My F-Secure”. On the contrary, completely un-installing F-Secure on a certain device and re-installing it again after some time on the same device means two licenses are required. Why is this?
(10) I am sorry, but I am Dutch, so why is F-Secure going to charge me 67% more if I purchase the number of Total-Security licenses I want after my trial from within “My F-Secure” (€100), compared to the offer you make on your website (€60)?
Please comment, suggest and advice.