Adding an adult account to a protected tablet

reinouts
reinouts Posts: 2 Observer

Hi,

Today I installed F-Secure SAFE on my daughter's Android tablet. So far so good. But I want my wife to be able to log in with her own account as well. SAFE prevents me from adding a user account to the tablet, citing family rules. But as the family rules administrator I can't find a setting to allow me to create a second account on the tablet. How do I make this work?

Thanks,

Reinout

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am also only an F-Secure user.

Today I installed F-Secure SAFE on my daughter's Android tablet. So far so good. But I want my wife to be able to log in with her own account as well. SAFE prevents me from adding a user account to the tablet, citing family rules. But as the family rules administrator I can't find a setting to allow me to create a second account on the tablet. How do I make this work?

So, the need is:

-> to use one Android tablet with multiple users / user accounts (two, for example).

Right?

I have never tried this functionality on Android devices. But, tried just now to create a guest -  and it succeeded despite active 'child profile' installation. For me it looks a little strange, as in fact it is the ability to use the device without applying Family Rules.

Could you test it with your own experience (about 'a guest' option)? Since the described impossibility of creating another user account may be slightly logical (with the 'child profile' mode active). Which I did not try (yet).

Additional comment: even when I changed the SAFE settings so that the tablet was now my device instead of my daughter's, Android would still refer me to my system administrator (which is me) when I tried to create another account, because of F-Secure's family rules.

So, if F-Secure SAFE app on android device was in use as 'adult' profile - and there some blocking to create another account - can you provide a screenshot of that 'notification / prompt'?

Thanks!

Answers

• reinouts
    reinouts Posts: 2 Observer

Additional comment: even when I changed the SAFE settings so that the tablet was now my device instead of my daughter's, Android would still refer me to my system administrator (which is me) when I tried to create another account, because of F-Secure's family rules. 🤷‍♂️ A frustrating experience!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info