Safe Banking

Rockyrider
Rockyrider Posts: 13 Enthusiast

Although i much prefer F-secure, one thing that eset has that F-secure hasn't is being able to manually start safe Banking, this is great for sites like Amazon, Very shopping online etc that don't automatically go into safe Banking with F-Secure.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser

Hello,

There were some requests about this feature or 'design', but still F-Secure Banking Protection (when triggered) works for all connections / browser area.

For example, this one: Make it possible for user to manually add additional domains to the banking protection list — F-Secure Community

this is great for sites like Amazon, Very shopping online etc that don't automatically go into safe Banking with F-Secure.

In general, you can transfer some website to F-Secure SAS (labs) - https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/submit-a-sample?a=url

and to suggest rate it as "should trigger Banking Protection session".

If it is impossible (unrelated to any banking or online purchases, payments activities) - then, it is possible to open any banking website and then your "required". All system / browser / websites are covered by F-Secure Banking Protection. IF website is blocked / partially blocked during Banking Protection Session - need to transfer URL via F-Secure SAS and report it as "should NOT be blocked during Banking Protection session".

Sorry for my English.

Can you provide some feedback if my suggestions are workaround / solution for your idea? I mean, your feature request is something like "already implemented" (though not so 'clear' to use it).

• Berygan
    Berygan Posts: 2 New Member

I am new to F-Secure that I like very much (in fact I switched over from two competitors). However I completely agree with Rockyrider. Having the ability to add manually banking/finance sites to the Banking Protection functions is not a wish but a must especially for people located outside Finland and Europe

I am located in Australia and several of our minor financial institution are not automatically covered by Banking Protection. I use my computer for my work and access several of these organizations quite often. It is frustrating to have to request every time the addition of a new website to Banking Protection.

Looking forward to see this enhancements in the near future.

• Berygan
    Berygan Posts: 2 New Member

I am new to F-Secure that I like very much (in fact I switched over from two competitors).

Having the ability to add manually banking/finance sites to the Banking Protection functions is not a wish but a must especially for people located outside Finland and Europe

I am located in Australia and several of our minor financial institution are not automatically covered by Banking Protection. For my work I access several of these organizations quite often. It is frustrating to have to request every time the addition to Banking Protection of a new website.

Looking forward to see this enhancements in the near future.

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have added it to our backlog.

We are also releasing soon a feature where you can suggest, for example banking websites with a few clicks directly from the browser extension:

-Cale