F-Secure SAFE 2 minutes shutdown sometimes since 18.2 update

laszlo3
laszlo3 Posts: 3 New Member

Hello,

I've got 3 computers in my household. 2 windows 10 PC, 1 windows 8 PC. They are different hardware wise, the only thing is the same on the three computers is that all of them has f-secure safe installed on it. First I realized this problem on one of the Windows 10 PC. Sometimes the shutdown was exactly 2 minutes, instead of the few seconds.

Sadly (or luckily) it is not every shutdown, but bugged me so I tried various things with no luck. Even reinstalled the windows 10 from scratch, but that didn't help. Sometimes later both of the Windows 10 PC produced this bug, so I thought this was a Microsoft bug, till last night. Because last night I shutdown my Windows 8 PC, and guess what, I also got the 2 minute shutdown bug there. After booting up the machine I saw that F-Secure updated to 18.2 that day, so it is must be it.

I found out there are more people with this bug, for example here: https://malwaretips.com/threads/f-secure-18-2-released.111240/page-2

Please fix this, thanks.

Tagged:
Ukko

Answers

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 651 Moderator

Hi @laszlo3

Thanks for reaching out to us.

While we embark on the task to reproduce this issue, I would like to ask if you have set any Scheduled Scanning on these affected machines? Perhaps this could be the first guess.

By the way, I presume the Windows 8 (you're referring to here) is actually a Windows 8.1 because Windows 8 isn't supported on our platform.

We will revert once we have an explanation for this root cause or contact you if we need to acquire a diagnostic log to aid this investigation.

Thank you.

• laszlo3

Thanks for the reply. No schedule scanning is set, and Windows 8 is Windows 8.1, yes.

• Websquid83
    Websquid83 Posts: 4 New Member

I have the same problem under windows 11. At first i thought it was related to another program, but it must be f-secure safe 18.2.. The shutdown is sometimes delayed by up to 4 minutes, previously it was a matter of seconds.

Ukko
  • Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 651 Moderator

Hi @laszlo3 @Websquid83

Our team have now received some diagnostic log files and are now into this.

While the investigate on this long shutdown is ongoing, we kindly ask for your patience and we will update you again as the development unravel.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Ukko
  • laszlo3

I appreciate your help with this, Jaims.