Does F Secure Safe protects against key loggers?
Ukko Posts: 3,402 Superuser
Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user.
I think that if these keyloggers are (and known as) malware, then F-Secure SAFE should protect against it by detecting them as such. Or by additional layers like DeepGuard (with its generic detection or based on suspicious activities). If this is suspicious tool, or potentially unwanted one, or rated as a riskware.. then better to scan device by Full Scan and with all hardened options. If something was found - manually choose what to do.
F-Secure Banking Protection with some tweaks and features to protect against it too. But more like a little bit of workaround... if threat is not detected before.
So, as such - I think the answer is: Yes, F-Secure SAFE is more than just an AV scanner (on demand). It is a multi-modular security complex with both traditional, basic opportunities and advanced, enhanced layers too. Thus, should protect against keyloggers - however, there is no specific tool or too advanced design to define them.
The main task is to prevent the "threat" from even getting into the system. If the threat nevertheless came in somehow - there is a number of ways for detection, and also for mitigating or eliminating "dangerous" impact.
More information about:
- Other discussions: Have a question about the Banking Protection — F-Secure Community
- F-Secure DeepGuard: What is DeepGuard | Internet Security | Latest | F-Secure User Guides || f-secure-deepguard-whitepaper.pdf
- Banking Protection functionality: What is Banking Protection and how does it work? - F-Secure Community || Remote Access Blocker | SAFE | Latest | F-Secure User Guides || Why do I need Banking Protection? - F-Secure Community
- Feature Requests: Increase detection and an anti-keylogger tool — F-Secure Community || https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/safe-windows/latest/en/concept_EB152891D3C14E21AE4270823E92EF45-safe-windows-latest-en
- F-Secure Policy about PUA items: Classification Guide | F-Secure || general Classification Guide | F-Secure
Of course, there can always be software or tools, bypasses or tricks - which F-Secure SAFE will not be able to detect initially. But thanks to the constant activity of their teams and feedback from users - such things can become "known" much faster and, accordingly, many users will be safe. Thus, the user should always be with some sort of 'carefulness' when using the web.
Sorry for my English.