F-Secure SAFE

Options
narutikli64
narutikli64 Posts: 1 New Member
edited December 2020 in F-Secure Internet Security

Hi

I'm new to the MacBook Pro world - Just signed up to Virgin Media and they have given me F-Secure SAFE free for 12 months.

What are peoples thoughts on this program?

Is it good?

Likely to slow the machine down?

Would you recommend an alternative?

Thanks you!

Answers

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

What are peoples thoughts on this program?

You could read old general discussions about (from really old to recent one). Since quite often the difference between general reasoning about the company (and its solutions) and one specific solution is not highlighted. And some aspects have not changed over the years (or just improved) or can be universal for any solution.

You could also to read third-party reviews on the web. Especially about the direct solution / platform. They often tend to be objective and fairly complete. However, the authors of the reviews do not always manage to understand a particular feature, which can lead to incorrect conclusions or a somewhat misleading presentation.

Although your experience is based on a Mac solution (and I am not friendly with this platform), but in general terms about F-Secure solutions:

Is it good?

very good

Likely to slow the machine down?

less than the rest ones. sometimes it does not slow down at all (but taking into account the necessary minimum to provide protection).

Would you recommend an alternative?

only depends on certain requirement or specific setting.

I'm new to the MacBook Pro world - Just signed up to Virgin Media and they have given me F-Secure SAFE free for 12 months.

Some thoughts about F-Secure SAFE (for Mac): I think that when it comes to the level of protection (threat detection) - well enough. Quality as such - perhaps, one of the leading ones and best ones. Things to improve - there are plenty of things, probably. Privacy Policy / General Terms - an excellent model, I suppose. I am not sure about the price (but as part of Virgin Media offer - there always can be discount, maybe).

In general, F-Secure (for macOS) with good basic protection set. And, in principle, it meets modern requirements: scanning functionality, advanced ways to detect threats, automatic updates, browsing / banking protection, some parental control things and so on. But the advantage of the F-Secure SAFE package is its multi-platform support. With that in mind, F-Secure SAFE is a pretty good solution.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info