usb stick not scanned when inserted into pc

pawlpawl Posts: 2 Observer
edited October 26 in F-Secure SAFE

all my other antivirus progs used in past when i put a usb drive/stick into laptop it automatically scans the usb drive but not SAFE (fsecure WHY ?

alexpower88

Best Answers

Answers

• UkkoUkko Posts: 3,025 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just as a discussion between community users.

The one answer is: this functionality has not yet been implemented.  Maybe soon will be if it works fine and a really valuable feature.

But there are some options already:

• first of all, you can run the scan manually before using USB drive/stick. Mouse right-click and then context menu option to scan it. Generally, against 'static' malware or unwanted software.
    • then, if there is something 'dynamic'. Meanings: active malware with kind of autorun or dangerous right after connecting the USB device with the computer - then Real-time scanning and advanced modules like F-Secure DeepGuard should handle it. Generally, against known malware or tricks; but also against some sort of unknown ones by advanced detection techniques and technologies.

Also, with your experience about auto-scans the USB drive - was it really without your permission to do so? I mean - was there ask about scan? And was it impossible to use the device until the end of the scan?

Thanks!

Lucaseuropa
  • alexpower88alexpower88 Posts: 19 Explorer

IN UPDATE VERSION 17.9 BETA 9 THIS OPTION INSERTET.

Lucaseuropapawl
  • pawlpawl Posts: 2 Observer

thanks for all replies using safe 17.8 its a bit disconcerming when i am use to auto scans on a 30 day trial at present lets see what happens once again thanks for all replies

alexpower88Ukko