FS Protection PC 17.9 releases

UrmasUrmas Posts: 33 F-Secure Employee

FS Protection PC 17.9 beta releases will be posted under this thread.

Ukko

Answers

• SimonSimon Posts: 2,600 Superuser

Mine updated without a glitch last night. 🙂

• UrmasUrmas Posts: 33 F-Secure Employee

Release 17.9 beta 1 (4.40.860):

New features:

• New Event history window. This dialog now has the similar look and feel with App and file control, and it is run as a separate process, thus the product will be consuming less memory while the Event history window is not open.
    • Custom proxy address now supports authenticated proxies.

Fixed issues:

• Scan Wizard crashes if you clear the event history with the "scan started" event (PBL-6715)
    UkkoFilipe_Reis
  • VilleVille Posts: 490 F-Secure Employee

Release 17.9 beta 2 (4.40.1506):

New features:

• Scan report style updated to match product style (not for scheduled scan yet)

Fixed issues:

• Category icons are not shown in French, French-Can, Italian (PBL-6844)
    • SAFE_BUG-03058: Broken blockpage view after opening certain URL (PBL-6810)
    • SAFE_BUG-03057: Fresh 'Recent events' not opening from Statistics splash screen (PBL-6804)
    • SAFE_BUG-03056: Clicking Hyperlink in Statistics has no effect (PBL-6803)
    • SAFE_BUG-03055: Report of another user does not open (PBL-6800)
    • Chrome extension check not working if Chrome installed under user's folder (PBL-6790)
    • Not possible to accept changed EULT (PBL-6774)
    • Event history does not open from OAS, WTS and AMSI malware notifications (PBL-6773)
    • Lock symbol broken in settings (PBL-6769)
    • Website with "www" not removed from the denied list when allowed (PBL-6728)
    • Non-working 'View report' link in Event history dialog (PBL-6700)
    • View report/description online link does not open from the Event history if you navigate with the keyboard (PBL-6791)

UkkoFilipe_Reis

Release 17.9 beta 3 (4.40.1961):

New features:

• Rewritten fsscan.exe (the command line and scheduled scanner). Scan reports are now identical with reports created by scan wizard.
    • Added support for DuckDuckGo search engine (PBL-7035)

Fixed issues:

• Various cosmetic and functional issues with Events history view (PBL-6806, PBL-6793, PBL-6879, PBL-6831, PBL-6801)
    • PBL-6659 In Scan wizard, the description text on the "restart needed to clean malware" window is not fully visible is some languages
    • PBL-6861 Harmful file's location may be missing from the scan report after a quick scan

ClmbttiUkkoFilipe_Reis

Please note that currently, Windows Security reports fs protection state as "Snoozed", although the product is running normally. This is caused by a bug in a recent Ultralight Core update and we are working on a fix.

Ukko
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 2,974 Superuser

Please note that currently, Windows Security reports fs protection state as "Snoozed", although the product is running normally. This is caused by a bug in a recent Ultralight Core update and we are working on a fix.

I was about to make a report since received first Ultralight Core update (but was not sure if it was only pinned to my system). And can to write that right after receiving second 'fixed' Ultralight Core update - Windows Security reports that all is fine. All is OK after that.

Yes, looks like this issue has been resolved now with yesterday's new Ultralight Core update.

Ukko

Release 17.9 beta 4 (4.40.2309):

New features:

• New Banking Protection notification. This dialog has been rewritten and now better handles large resolutions.
    • App and file control dialog (excluded items, quarantine) now allows you to select multiple items and perform operations to them.

Fixed issues:

• Various cosmetic issues

Filipe_Reis
  • Filipe_ReisFilipe_Reis Posts: 2 New Member

Hello,

I´m new here at F-secure. I purchased a license. I would like to try the beta version. Can i test and where can i download the beta?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

You can apply for the beta program at https://beta.f-secure.com/welcome/.

Filipe_ReisUkko
  • Candi1Candi1 Posts: 23 Explorer

Whenever there is an update(Windows), I keep getting a notification that my security protection isn't active, to activate it. But when I go into my security, it says everything is working correctly. I'm not sure if there's a glitch since windows security is turned off, because I have the F-Secure. But every time I get the notification, I go in to check to be sure. But everything is working correctly. Just not sure why I keep getting the notifications saying my security isn't active or on.

I like the new Banking Protection activation box at the top of the screen, that its smaller & doesn't cover much, unlike the old one that would cover things at the top of the screen.

edited 6:07AM

I'm not sure why I get a notification(windows) when there's been a security update that says my security isn't turned on. It says to go in & turn security on. So I go into my security but then it says everything is working fine. I'm not sure if its a little glitch since "window's security" isn't on, because I have F-Secure instead? But when I go in it says everything is working fine.

Hi,

Whenever the scanning core updates, it has to shut down for a moment and Windows will notify you that protection isn't active. It's a bit annoying that Windows doesn't allow us to say that we're just updating, no need to make user worried if it takes less than 5 seconds. In any case, this happens when you receive F-Secure Ultralight Core package, which you can see in Settings / Updates view.

Candi1Jaims

Oh ok. Thank you Ville! I had a feeling something like that was happening, so I wasn't to worried. But I thought I'd mention it. Thank you very much!!! 😀