"F-Secure Host Process" crippling CPU
Earlier this year I renewed my subscription for F-Secure Internet Security; ever since I have occasionally run into the following issue:
- The PC would slow down considerably, so I would immediately check processes running on the Task Manager.
- I would find that "F-Secure Host Process" would take up considerable chunks of CPU, sometimes close to 100%.
- At this point, it becomes hard to even move the mouse cursor. Ending the task is near impossible and the only option left is to restart the PC.
- At the next restart, I would terminate the task immediately before it starts demanding more processing power.
- Of course, this doesn't solve the problem, as the security service then malfunctions and isn't able to perform properly, of which it notifies me shortly afterwards.
This only happens every other week, but when it does,the result is very time-consuming and perhaps a day or two without internet security.
Relevant system specs: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7 6700K (4GHz), 32 GB DDR3 RAM.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Might it be related to an update / subscription renewal? Is there a process F-Secure runs routinely which might cause this issue? Any advice or solution will be greatly appreciated.
Just a guess, but maybe F-Secure is trying to perform updates or a product upgrade and because the process is being interrupted, it's making hard work of it? My laptop slows down when FS is upgrading, but I usually just let it do what it needs to and it only takes a few minutes.
There could, of course, be another issue at play, and this is assuming Windows Defender is disabled, and you have no other security software running.
If the problem persists, as it could be any number of things, I would recommend that you Contact Support by Phone or Chat, so that they can take a closer look at things for you.1 1Like
Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).
Just an addition to another good reply.
There are some topics about 'potentially' troubles with such impact.
For example, next one:
More topics (where suggested doublecheck things like 'scheduled scans'-settings or some official advices):
Good if you will back with feedback about Support help/state.