"F-Secure Host Process" crippling CPU
Earlier this year I renewed my subscription for F-Secure Internet Security; ever since I have occasionally run into the following issue:
- The PC would slow down considerably, so I would immediately check processes running on the Task Manager.
- I would find that "F-Secure Host Process" would take up considerable chunks of CPU, sometimes close to 100%.
- At this point, it becomes hard to even move the mouse cursor. Ending the task is near impossible and the only option left is to restart the PC.
- At the next restart, I would terminate the task immediately before it starts demanding more processing power.
- Of course, this doesn't solve the problem, as the security service then malfunctions and isn't able to perform properly, of which it notifies me shortly afterwards.
This only happens every other week, but when it does,the result is very time-consuming and perhaps a day or two without internet security.
Relevant system specs: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7 6700K (4GHz), 32 GB DDR3 RAM.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Might it be related to an update / subscription renewal? Is there a process F-Secure runs routinely which might cause this issue? Any advice or solution will be greatly appreciated.