F-secure won't install beyond 75% - Reboot loop

Hi there,

I had a perfectly working F-secure working on my Win10 system.

There was an update prompt last week which I accepted; but unfortunately the update is unable to go beyond 75%. It keeps requesting a reboot each time, and it seems the installation is stuck in loop.

I managed to uninstall F-secure quickly before the installer began; and then started a fresh install. Unfortunately it is again stuck at 75% and will -again- cause a restart loop.

It seems whatever update was rolled over the last month has broken your product's installer. Any idea what I can do ?

Thanks

Comments

• Crixxz
    Crixxz Posts: 2 New Member

When I manually uninstalled it, the problem persisted. However, using the uninstallation tool worked in a different manner, and actually got me out of the loop.

So I guess the tool works a little bit different to windows "add&delete programs" section.

Thanks

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Good that it was useful and situation is sorted.

And, yes, common designed uninstalltion (system design) should work when all OK.

But if there is stuck (or something wrong) uninstallation tool will provide clean up (what, usually, can be helpful).

And description for F-Secure Uninstallation Tool with next statement:

This tool is meant for removing broken installations of F-Secure products. For normal
    removal you should use the uninstallation entry in Windows.

Thanks!

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@Crixxz wrote:

When I manually uninstalled it, the problem persisted. However, using the uninstallation tool worked in a different manner, and actually got me out of the loop.

So I guess the tool works a little bit different to windows "add&delete programs" section.

Thanks

My understanding is uninstallation tool tries ordinary methods of removal but does further purging when it notices that's not enough

• MarcusA
    MarcusA Posts: 1 New Member

Sorry to say none of there solutions worked for my installation. Anyone else has more hints? 

It seem Microsoft Windows Defender Security Center (WDSC) has something to do with the SAFE product installaton failure (virus protection seems not to install).  Also looked the notes on WDSC but they did not provide a solution.

More hints how to complete the installation (and avoid the infinite loop with installer app) 

Many thanks

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.  I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Does your situation is also about stuck at 75% during installation? And why WDSC is suspected as potential reason for such stuck?

If noted steps are not valid (like F-Secure Uninstallation Tool; re-assuring that all systems updates are installed and no other third-parties security solutions are there or that it is removed properly): maybe good to contact their direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Just like their direct investigation about certain specific situation (since maybe some logs are needed).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info