Feedback FS Protection: Change notification size

Hello everyone,

I'm using the latest version of fs protection, and notifications got bigger a few versions ago, too big in my opinion. Maybe it would be good to implement a setting (at install, and in options) too select a size for notification windows (S/M/L).

Varying on which device you use, e.g. a laptop, the notifications take up almost the complete down-right 1/4 of the screen!

Best regards

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Does it 'notifications' like about detected malware (or blocked suspicious file) and related to this view other 'prompts' (scheduled scan; time limits; upgrade completed)?

I able to think that compare to some other security solutions - such prompts indeed 'larger'; But with F-Secure more often this prompts only about 'critical' (or important to see) things.

For example, some other security solutions with small notifications and with small fonts about it. So -> it's friendly for something, but not for proper brief understanding "context of such prompt"; And usually about much more 'events';

Or about another kind of notifications (?!). Just interesting (I'm also only F-Secure user);

Thanks!

• RobertsOma
    RobertsOma Posts: 3 Observer

Hey,

THats a good point you made. I was talking about it in general, but diverting between important and not so important messages is a good measure too.

IN my case, and why I superficially created this topic, every notification is TOO Big, e. G.  Updated to version Xxx

• Lord_Ami
    Lord_Ami Posts: 70 Active Engager

It would be beneficial to include your display resolution.

On my FHD desktop I find it quite well balanced. Yeah, in laptop (1366x768) it is a bit too large for my taste, but it has never bothered me.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Lord_Ami wrote:

It would be beneficial to include your display resolution.

On my FHD desktop I find it quite well balanced. Yeah, in laptop (1366x768) it is a bit too large for my taste, but it has never bothered me.

as my own feedback: I with experience about Laptop (15.6") and 1366x768 resolution.

I able to call notifications as 'large', but compare to some other FS Protection UI-windows - this is not so large! :)

And I found current notifications with quite good style about size/font/view (maybe because not so often comes with usual deals);

But I do able to think that with smaller configuration (or with common meanings) it can be with another feelings.

Because.. most likely.. it can be configurable -> maybe such option can be interesting (even do add some potential troubles for official support it);

• RobertsOma
    RobertsOma Posts: 3 Observer

The resolution of my laptop is FHD at 14" PC same at 24", if I'd guess the notification is equally big, which is why it takes up too much screen on laptop.

THis is why it would be clever to implement the feature I suggest.

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

I do think that a repositionable resizable popup notice wouldb a plus

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@RobertsOma wrote:

Hey,

THats a good point you made. I was talking about it in general, but diverting between important and not so important messages is a good measure too.

IN my case, and why I superficially created this topic, every notification is TOO Big, e. G.  Updated to version Xxx

Hey,

to be fair, these are critical notifications and the entire reason we're using FS Protection. (testing the new releases)

This discussion has been closed.