FS Protection PC 17.6 releases

F-Secure

FS Protection PC 17.6 releases

Release 17.6 beta 1 (4.10.692):

New features:

• When banking protection is terminated, all information from clipboard is wiped.
  • Counters of files scanned, web sites verified etc visible in the user interface of the product. Known issue: the counter of files blocked by real-time scanning does not include unwanted and potentially unwanted applications blocked, it only includes harmful files.
  • A pop-up reminder about restarting the computer is shown when malware removal by real-time or scheduled scanning (or a malfunction) requires the computer to be restarted.
  • The "Time limits" feature has been renamed to "Device use limits"; the functionality of the feature remains unchanged. Note that this change is only visible in English in this release.

Fixed Issues:

• Banking session does not activate when entering site  (PBL-4502)
  • Problems with shell extension scan (PBL-4489)
  • Banking protection crash (PBL-4472)
  • Memory leak in banking protection (PBL-4465)
  • Removed file infection reported wrongly as not cleaned up (PBL-4463)
  • Cannot login to op.fi if clicked end to banking protection flyer before login with Chrome (PBL-4458)
  • '?' image shown in main UI (PBL-4449)
  • Scan for malware context menu option opens a message box (PBL-4434)
  • "Not enough memory(?) for launching application. Close some applications and re-try"-notification. (SAFE_BUG-02625, PBL-4426)
  • Strange points with Added (filter) string to Allowed/Denied websites list. (SAFE_BUG-02641, PBL-4418)
  • Crash in in virus protection (PBL-4405)
  • Help / LOC : Kind of mistakes. (SAFE_BUG-02628, PBL-4399)
  • I cant open my scan report (SAFE_BUG-02619, PBL-4380)
  • Event history crash in Swedish product when scanning event more information link clicked (PBL-4378)
  • Wrong error during installation if 80 MB are left on drive (PBL-4376)
  • Google Search Sometimes F-Secure Rating logo is pump up over the title of search result. (SAFE_BUG-02604, PBL-4367)
  • S-Pankki authentication failures (SAFE_BUG-02577, PBL-4341)
  • Network installer using files from wrong location (PBL-4325)
  • ES/DE etc: Main GUI buttons don't fit after installation (PBL-4238)
  • No Ability to Setup Family Rules if Initially Declined (PBL-4035)
  • Simplified Chinese translation is not accurate (SAFE_BUG-02487, PBL-3998)
53 REPLIES 53
Champion

Re: FS Protection PC 17.6 releases

Smooth upgrade, did not even notice.

Patron

Smooth

Did notice from the messages "Turn virus protection on" and FS updated to 17.6 beta

Scholar

I noticed that the new version, each time I start the "opera" browser, the banking protection starts with Opera. Afterwards everything works as it should be.Smiley Wink

Aspirant

The only thing I noticed is that the F-Secure icon that I usually have visible in my task tray defaulted back to hidden and I had to put it back. Other than that, everything is smooth so far! :)

Superuser

I like all recent FS Protection beta updates.

Only three(?) things bother me; and that is unclear for me (yet):

--  Fresh detection and F-Secure website are not synchronized. Or redirect from "More information" is not accurate (and maybe it was with previous engine too); but I do able to suspect that with fresh detection name - trouble is more visible.

For example, 'More information' about ""PotentialRisk.PUA/CryptoMiner.Gen"" detection lead to next page: Toolbar:W32/MyGlobalSearch ; What is unrelated completely (maybe).

-- Time to time (at least, I met it two or three times) - some items became undetectable. Mainly it was about zipped files with multiple (not a lot) items. Where only "packed" items are detected as malicious or harmful. During troublestate - such items were not detected by FS Protection (while some others were detected still). But, then, after hours or day - detections are back for these items too.

-- Uncategorized state of some domains, subdomains or IPs. Became eventually unexpected (even with "Security Cloud: Connected"). Based on some different situations.

Sorry for strange feedback.

Thanks!

F-Secure

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you make bug reports regarding to these issues so that we can investigate and follwup properly?

(https://beta.f-secure.com/home.html)

Highlighted
Superuser

@Fengping wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you make bug reports regarding to these issues so that we can investigate and follwup properly?

(https://beta.f-secure.com/home.html)

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Originally, I planned to do so.

With second point (temporary dropped detection) - I just trying to provoke/get it else one time. But I created fsdiag at the time of latest situation (and it is still saved - five days old; thus, maybe I will do report after some doublechecks).

With third point (uncategorized/unrared websites) - I will try to contact F-Secure Labs via F-Secure SAS at first. I did not that (yet one time) - just because it was strange situation: some of websites start be uncategorized (even it was rated before and some of them were transferred to F-Secure Labs by me before) per 'one hit' (pack of websites);

In addition, as example, I transferred one of these URLs - it was rated back after some days... but then (and currently still) after some days uncategorized back (just during two weeks). Today - another well-known domain is switched to uncategorized state.

While "Security Cloud" with "Connected"-state - anyway - I am unsure about reason (what if it is local trouble). So, I delayed transfer to F-Secure SAS based on this.

With second point - I will try to collect more examples and will try to create report.

Noted example is about detection which previous F-Secure engine does not detect at all (at least, during my try to research it).

Thanks!

Superuser

good job again !

Superuser

Hello,

Fresh "About" from beta 2 is beauty and with an interesting view! Only three points maybe with a strange state (most likely it is temporary):

-> window  opens with a delay (more than before) a little be. And the first try to open the window was with quite noticeable delay.

-> too resizable. at least, I do not feel if too minimized view is suitable for something. But maximized view and just ability to resize is pretty!

-> title (left top corner) picture logo is too pixeled probably. // added: logo on taskbar is also too pixeled for that window (at least, as common feelings and compared to other windows)

Thanks for the release!