Browsing Protection questions

I have several questions on "Browsing Protection". Today is now available version 5 firefox. Browsing Protection is not compatible. As we know mozzilla accelerates the development of the publishing of new editions firefox. Here are my question:

How f-secure company intends to deal with this problem compatibility? Please do not write that the problem lies in the api additions. Because I can give an example of another company which did add compatible with firefox version 5.6 and 7.Most likely, the company has f secure protection in the plan to release Chrome as a browser that is gaining more and more new users.The publishing plan also chrome is fast.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my English.

Comments

• yaslaw
    yaslaw Posts: 28 Observer

Totally agree.

Speed of developing such addons is radiculus. All browser started to rush their programmers. We will see firefox 7 this year, chrome 15 and so on as bardok206 said in his post.

C'mon I can't belive that making such addon is so hard (when we compare it to whole suite).

Please keep in mind, that f-secure on this area is above others (even so smal company in terms of employes like Avast have their addon works on chrome/firefox).

Regards

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

BP 1.10  was released this afternoon. Thank to everyone who took time in testing.

ChannelUpdate: F-Secure Browsing Protection SW Update 2011-07-12_1

from "About":

F-Secure Browsing Protection/SW 1.10 build 5617
    F-Secure Browsing Protection/ES 1.10 build 1039

This version is for FF 5.*

• Niek
    Niek Posts: 5

Would also love to see support for Chrome since it is the only browser I use.

• benitez
    benitez Posts: 3

And now we have a Firefox 6 and Firefox 7 builds around, it will be problem.

The question is: how are developers going to answer to Firefox's new dev cycle?

Can we expect minor updates more often that address new FF versions?

Or maybe the addon compatibility could be extended with an estimate (2 major versions: 5 and 6), if something breaks, an update could be issued in this case.

Also Chrome is gaining marketshare every day, support for it would be great!

Best regards.

• Hi,

We have F-secure Client Security 9.31 and Windows7. Our F-secure have also next parts: Browsing Protection /SW 1.10 build 5788 and Browsing Protection /ES 1.10 build 1039.

Why a safety rating is not visible in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome? It's works only in Internet Explorer.

We have IE9 and lastest Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

F-Secure's Product Expert answered that The Browsing Protection Plugin is not supported on F-Secure Client Security v9.x. But we have Browsing Protection /SW 1.10 build 5788 and Browsing Protection /ES 1.10 build 1039?

Why they dont work?

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

Hello Alice,

F-Secure Client Security 10.00 will have this feature:

"New Browsing protection and Web traffic scanning is based on the Network interceptor framework to provide smooth protection for Internet browsing independent from the web browser."

FSCS 10 is now in public beta version and can be tested by you also. It may publish in final gold (RTM) edition on 31.12.2012. Hopefully this upgrade will solve your problem soon!

Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.