cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one install for trial version.

More than one install for trial version.

Why should users be limited in this way? There are now a number of threads on the Forum where this limitation has lost F-Secure potential new customers. 

I have used MANY security programs over 18 years and F-Secure is the only one that limited/limits a trial version to one install.

5 Comments
F-Secure
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Thanks for your idea! We are currently investigating this further, and we'll get back to you!
Senior Advisor

Bump on this one.

Superuser
Hello, But what do you mean (anyway)? Because probably already long time (?!) how able to install more than one-time trial-version? Or you mean installer have expired after some time of?! But here maybe able to get new installer by trial-form again. If just with installation on system by one valid installer - if it not work with casual steps, clean by F-Secure Uninstallation tool (or manual) - can to fix that. And about other companies - I not sure... but probably all of them - have more strange and worst situation with trial-version. Some points same with F-Secure (like if with casual-steps it can be "stuck" - if you want re-use it after valid-time).... but also some of them: - have less time; - have advertisements-support; - have strange steps for get trial-version; - etc. :)
Senior Advisor

Unless F-Secure has changed things in the last 3 months, you are only allowed 1 install of the trial version. If you uninstall for some reason (incompatibility with another program) you cannot install again. The uninstallation tool does not help and I have tried to remove ALL registry entries.

As mentioned in my first post above,  F-Secure is one of the very FEW security programs which restricts the number of times a trial version can be installed.

Superuser
So, OK. But probably my experience with another situation. Here I mean - that latest experience (and before probably too - but not check it more, of course) was with next setting: - Able to get trial-version from F-Secure website by e-mail (here time to time troubles, but probably here also able to use one e-mail address, for example - after some of time). It will be trial-installer; - Able to install it. - If something goes wrong... and here stuck or other... By F-Secure Uninstallation Tool situation fixed - and I able to install new trial with that current installer. - IF time of trial-installer end.. probably logical... that it not able to install again. But.. maybe able to get new installer after some time. And I have that experience. About other F-Secure probably - one of some companies, which have close to nice... process for using trial-version. :) But, of course, I not checking... about maximum. But situation when.. after some days during trial-time - you uninstall F-Secure trial... I able to use one else time certainly (by F-Secure Uninstallation Tool before... if here will be stuck). If trial-time end - able to get new trial-version-installer (or will be with response about "e-mail" in use.... if here have limits). But able to get it anyway. But current experience about "close to recently". And not about "last week or last two weeks" - but your words also not about "totally recently' days. Maybe you can to try check it again. Or maybe I have other settings... because without any troubles with trial-version... and re-installation (here - I mean ... that have troubles with stuck - but it fixed by commonly steps).