cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS High Sierra iCloud Photos issue

Aspirant

macOS High Sierra iCloud Photos issue

With a clean installation of High Sierra, using version 1.20.3671.0 of the Freedome software, I am unable to sync macOS Photos with iCloud. Photos do not download or upload. If I turn Freedome off, syncing works.

Other iCloud things, like Contacts and Notes, seem to work fine while connected via Freedome.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers

7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: macOS High Sierra iCloud Photos issue

Hi saltinewolf,

Since the Contacts or Notes syncs fine, could you try to restart your device and retry the sync for the photos with Freedome ON?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Aspirant

Oh yes, don't worry I've tried that already.
Aspirant

I'll mention, too, that I'm connected to a power source. Also using Freedome on an iPhone 7 with iOS 11 with no issue.

Perhaps there is a iCloud photos server address I can try and ping? Happy to try out any suggestions.
Community Manager

Hi saltinewolf,

This might need further investigation from our support team. So, please get in touch with them via chat or phone.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I've not managed to catch anyone on chat when I've tried. Interested to see if anyone else has the problem,  as more people upgrade.

Aspirant

I have seen another internet post elsewhere about this issue. The user seems to be using another popular VPN—unsure if it's against a rule here to mention other company's products, but it's PIA. Not sure how their tech differs from what F-Secure use for Freedome.
Community Manager

Hi saltinewolf,

I have now escalated this case to our support team for further investigation. One of our agents will get in touch with you via email for further troubleshooting.