Plans to deploy a PC version of Freedome?

Aspirant

Re: Plans to deploy a PC version of Freedome?

The thing with chromecast is that it require the controlling/streaming device to be on the same network as the chromecast itself, and even though you have all devices connected to the same wifi network you will when connected to Freedome enter a shielded bubble that only have a connection towards the Freedome VPN servers. Therefore your device appear to be in the location of the Freedome VPN server and not on your home network anymore and that leads to you not finding any Chromecasts or they finding you for that matter.

So to be able to make it possible to cast to Chromecast while switching region with Freedome you would have to use a phone (soon desktop) that has Freedome installed and that device share the internet as/to a wifi accesspoint to where your controlling/streaming device + the Chromecast is connected.

Sorry for long reply but hope this shead some light to this. :)

Aspirant

Yes thanks for the reply. I will look forward to the desktop version.

Highlighted
Scholar

I am also waiting for it, cant ignore the awesomensess of your android freedome vpn =)

Mostly i want to game via VPN, tried few but faced spikes ! Bingooo

Sorry. Didn't know it was hyperlink

I'm really hoping for a GNU / Linux Freedome offering as I recently switched from Windows 8.1. Any thoughts on when you'll release the Freedome Desktop Beta version for GNU / Linux? 

Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm afraid GNU/Linux support is not in our short-term roadmap, but I add your request to the backlog to be prioritized in the next planning session.

Best,

Päivi

Executive Member

Hope Freedome will be ready for testing soon! Smiley Wink

Hey, any updates on how the desktop client is coming along? I'm really looking forward to the beta. Smiley Wink
Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

The first external beta testers will be given access to the desktop version later this week. If you have sent us email earlier, you should soon get an invitation from us. :)

Päivi

Executive Member

Great. Looking forward testing Freedome for Windows! Smiley Happy

Hope Windows Phone is already on agenda too!

F-Secure

Hi,

You can sign up for the Beta for Freedome for Desktop here:

https://freedome.f-secure.com/desktopbeta/

Regards,