Plans to deploy a PC version of Freedome?

Hi, i'm new to this product buyt wondered if F-Secure had plans to provide the same app for PC as well (if they haven't already done so?)

Thanks

Comments

• Jari-P
    Jari-P Posts: 44 F-Secure Product Expert

Hello nightfrogs and welcome to our community.

Yes we are looking forward to get PC version, but no release date yet.

• Thanks Jari-P!

Any more advanced functionality/control to be expected (such as whitelisting of specific domains by the user, selection of files to block/unblock)?

• Paivi
    Paivi Posts: 80 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay with the reponse.

The first version of the desktop product is similar to the mobile clients, but more advanced control is to be expected in the following versions.

Best,

Päivi

• Thanks, when will this first version be available to download?

• Great thanks!

• Thanks for the info Paivi,

I have been using the Freedome app, looking forward to use it on my Mac, I want to join the beta testing if possible, any news regarding this?

Thanks,

Kapeesh

• Paivi

Hi Kapeesh,

Thanks for the interest. :) We are unfortunately a couple of weeks behind the original schedule, internal testing will be started soon.

Today we actually discussed the details of the upcoming beta and agreed that users being active on the Community will be invited first to test the desktop version. The beta will first be available for Windows and litlle later for Mac.

We'll be in  contact with you as soon as the beta is available.

Best,

Päivi

• Hello Paivi,

Sounds great, I have a laptop with Windows, it would be great to have the invitation for the beta testing :)

Thanks,

Kapeesh

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer
    Will there still be a way to sign up for a beta or do I have to wait until I get an invitation?
  • Paivi

Hello,

If you are interested in joining the beta program for the desktop version of Freedome, please send us an email at: [email protected] and you are the first to know when it's available for download.

Thanks,

Päivi

• Patman
    Patman Posts: 12 New Member

Have you started beta testing for pc yet?

• Paivi

Not yet. We'll let you know when it's available - in few weeks.

Best,

Päivi

• Vetraci
    Just another question: Are there future considerations to implement Freedome into F-Secure Internet Security or will it be a standalone application on PC.
  • Paivi

No such immediate considerations. It will be made available as a standalone application.

Best,

Päivi

• creative_think
    creative_think Posts: 20 Observer
    Päivi,

I sent an email to [email protected] to join in beta testing Freedome desktop. Looking forward to checking it out.

Regards,

ct
  • Do you have plans on allowing the use of standard openvpn client? Would be really important option especially for integrating the vpn service to your network router.

Also would you consider adding Bitcoin payments? Many users would appreciate the added privacy in this kind of payment method and it's very widely supported in the vpn industry.

It's great to see a trusted Finnish security company starting to offer vpn services. Having a good reputation is really important in the vpn business and I'm sure many users will value that. I hope you take my suggestions into consideration, those would truly make your offering complete and stand out from the crowd.

• Paivi

Thanks for the feedback. The first version will include the mimimum set of features, but I add your requests to our backlog to be prioritized.

Thanks,

Päivi

• Patman

I am in Spain and cannot get ChromeCast App to find the ChromeCast dongle on my TV when Freedome is running. Is there a known conflict?

• johanwestling
    johanwestling Posts: 8 Observer

The thing with chromecast is that it require the controlling/streaming device to be on the same network as the chromecast itself, and even though you have all devices connected to the same wifi network you will when connected to Freedome enter a shielded bubble that only have a connection towards the Freedome VPN servers. Therefore your device appear to be in the location of the Freedome VPN server and not on your home network anymore and that leads to you not finding any Chromecasts or they finding you for that matter.

So to be able to make it possible to cast to Chromecast while switching region with Freedome you would have to use a phone (soon desktop) that has Freedome installed and that device share the internet as/to a wifi accesspoint to where your controlling/streaming device + the Chromecast is connected.

Sorry for long reply but hope this shead some light to this. :)

• Patman

Yes thanks for the reply. I will look forward to the desktop version.

• senses
    senses Posts: 4

I am also waiting for it, cant ignore the awesomensess of your android freedome vpn =)

Mostly i want to game via VPN, tried few but faced spikes ! Bingooo

Sorry. Didn't know it was hyperlink

• creative_think

I'm really hoping for a GNU / Linux Freedome offering as I recently switched from Windows 8.1. Any thoughts on when you'll release the Freedome Desktop Beta version for GNU / Linux? 

• Paivi

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm afraid GNU/Linux support is not in our short-term roadmap, but I add your request to the backlog to be prioritized in the next planning session.

Best,

Päivi

• Vetraci

Hope Freedome will be ready for testing soon! Smiley Wink

• creative_think
    Hey, any updates on how the desktop client is coming along? I'm really looking forward to the beta. Smiley Wink
  • Paivi

Hello,

The first external beta testers will be given access to the desktop version later this week. If you have sent us email earlier, you should soon get an invitation from us. :)

Päivi

• Vetraci

Great. Looking forward testing Freedome for Windows! Smiley Happy

Hope Windows Phone is already on agenda too!

• Federico
    Federico Posts: 10 Contributor

Hi,

You can sign up for the Beta for Freedome for Desktop here:

https://freedome.f-secure.com/desktopbeta/

Regards,

• Paivi

Hello,

Happy to let you know that first 14 desktop beta invitations have now been sent. More invitations to follow next week.

Looking forward to hear from you. :)

Best,

Päivi

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info