No internet access with Freedome (Windows 7 fully updated with Kasperky)

Scholar

No internet access with Freedome (Windows 7 fully updated with Kasperky)

When Freedome is turned on I cannot access the internet. Firefox/IE11 do not connect to the internet. I cannot get email either. Once Freedome is turned off everything works fine.

I am running Windows 7 /64bit on a MSI Z170-A Pro mainboard. Windows and Mainbord is fully updated.

From some other blogs I got some advise, to check the IPv6 and IPv4 which I did and found enabled.

Anyway I found under the TAP driver status the note that the network cable was removed ... strange.

You help to find the solution to this problem is highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: No internet access with Freedome (Windows 7 fully updated with Kasperky)

Hi,

I found the issue. WinPKFilter caused the issue! I uninstalled it and since then my system works fine.

It could be uninstalled easily by going to network connection, properties. Choose WinPKFilter left mouse click on it and choose uninstall.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi Stan_Doe,

Since you mentioned you have Kaspersky installed on your device with Freedome, we have had similar posts related to this issue. Please check this post here.

It is seen that a new update from Kaspersky caused the connection issue. Please check the link for more detailed information.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi,

I found the issue. WinPKFilter caused the issue! I uninstalled it and since then my system works fine.

It could be uninstalled easily by going to network connection, properties. Choose WinPKFilter left mouse click on it and choose uninstall.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Glad to know you were able to narrow down to the issue, @Stan_Doe. Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.