Future of Freedom

Gabrie
Gabrie Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

I would like to know what the future plans are for F-Secure freedom. In March 2018 I'm up for renewal but I'm really missing a few features that would make my life so much easier:

- I would like to exclude some  IP ranges from the VPN. When at work as a systems administrator, I connect to multiple subnets, so it would be great to exclude more than just one.

- Sometimes a website is blocked by Freedome (or SAFE) and even though I know it is ok, I cannot whitelist it. 

- In the myfsecure portal I can see which device is using my SAFE licenses, but I cannot see which is using my Freedom licenses. Will there be a change in this?

Regards

Gabrie

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply (I'm also only F-Secure user).

Concerned your second point:

-> with F-Secure SAFE should be possible to whitelist/allow blocked website.

At least, if blockpage is visible -- should be possible to use "Allow"-button.

Additionally, F-Secure SAFE with "Allow&Deny websites lists" (Main UI - Settings - tab related to Browsing Protection and find related link; OR Main UI - Tools tab - related category-button). Where possible to allow/deny certain URL (or IP).

it should work locally.

-> possible to use F-Secure SAS:
    https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url

transfer URL to F-Secure Labs for re-rate.

it should work globally for all users. F-Secure SAFE blockpage should be with URL to this place (additionally to UI).

With F-Secure Freedome indeed not possible to whitelist blocked URL and not visible any options to transfer URL to F-secure Labs.

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info