Freedome VPN 2.0.4 for iOS released

Highlighted
F-Secure

Freedome VPN 2.0.4 for iOS released

We just released Freedome VPN 2.0.4 to the App Store after Apple review was completed this morning!

This version includes fixes to the VPN connection problems you've reported to us. 

If you have Freedome VPN installed on your device, you will receive the new version as an update. Open the App Store icon and you will see the new version offered there on the Updates tab.

If your device is still running iOS 8.0.0 operating system, we recommend you to update it also to version 8.0.2 as it contains fixes for VPN use too.

After these updates, make sure that F-Secure Freedome VPN is turned on. After that it should always stay on until you turn it off yourself - for example it will be turned on after reboot of the device, as long as it was turned on before the reboot.

We are very sorry for these problems and that it took this long to get the new version out.

--
Tapio Keihänen
F-Secure Freedome Service Manager
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Freedome VPN 2.0.4 for iOS released

For reference:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/F-Secure-Freedome-VPN-2-0-5-for/td-p/61717

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
19 REPLIES 19
Aspirant

Just updated to FREEDOME 2.0.4. While running on IOS 2.0.2
Problem with shutting of persists !
Tried again first deleting and resetting Iphone,
then turn of and turn on.
Also after this the VPN keeps **bleep**ting down.SPINTANIOUSLY.
Sometines giving the message
ERROR INITIATING VPN CONNECTION
Aspirant

Install the recent version didn't solve the problem for me.

i removed the vpn-profile, uninstalled the app, restarted iphone/ipad and then i reinstalled the app. Now everything woks fine.

Aspirant

It's still acting very glitchy on my phone. Smiley Sad

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the VPN profile and rebooted my phone.

Freedome still keeps turining itself off.

Aspirant

Still the same problem. I have also removed the profile and tried to install again a few times with a few restarts.

Scholar

Problem persists. It is very unfortunate that new version was released and said that it would solve the problem. Come on guys! Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need someone to test the product BEFORE the launch. Now it seems that there were no changes compared to previous version. Surprised? No. Disappointed? Yes. You dropped the ball and now you should listen your clients when you still have few left.

At the moment Freedome is like communism, excellent idea but implementation is not so good.

One question, do I have to install the profile every time I change the location? (is this a design of the new version 2.0.4?)
Scholar

Hi,
Unfortunately not very much improvment. I have been testing version 2.0.4 the whole day and the VPN connection keeps dropping off quite often and randomly. The only change is that sometimes the connection resumes by itself, but normally it stays off until I go back to Freedome and switch on manually. I give up, long waiting and a huge disappointment. When i typed this message, VPN got off two times, but resumed again. VPN going off while watching US Netflix if really annoying. Online games like Clash of Clans and Plunder pirates drops connection every time VPN goes off. I never had these problems with iOS7 and older Freedome. Also the multi-profile when I could switch to different country directly from iPad setup was great. Why did you have to downgrade off that great feature? I really don't understand what's going on, what has happened to old fashion testing and listening to the customers opinion?

Regards,

Muumipappa
Scholar

Same here. Problem persists on both my advices, iPad and iPhone. Before in the days, everything was better...
Aspirant

I experience exactly the same problems on my device; Iphone 5 running on IOS 8.0.2 .
The problems started after installing IOS 8 and the FREEDOME updates that followed.
The fixes including the last version 2.0.4 did not resolve this.
Because of the problems descibed above I did not update FREEDOME on my I pad after downloading IOS 8.
I luckily still run the old FREEDOME version here on IOS 8.0.2 . without having any of these problems.
In my opinion, the best option to suggest is downgrading FREEDOME to the old version untill 2.0.5 can be launched after being tested to be absolutely error proof.