"My F-Secure" issue

Kimmo13
Kimmo13 Posts: 32 Contributor

Hello,

I think that there is an issue in My F-Secure.

It indicates that my key is valid til 01.29.2020 but F-Safe GUI indicates the exact end date : 06.25.2020 !

What can I do ?

Comments

• Kimmo13

Hello @Ukko 

Thankks for your help.

I think you are right, I had a previous subscription for F-Secure Total, but I canceled it and switched for F-Secure Safe.

However it is not normal that the new end date for F-Secure safe is not uptaded on "My F-Secure".

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Yes, it is indeed strange. And it should not be like that (in addition, if previous subscription was canceled - then it should not be valid anymore).

Also, was it with Support help?! If so - maybe it was a smooth 'uncommon' switch. And, maybe, something goes wrong. Of course, if it is indeed one account / one email.

Your installation still with another (expected?!) expiration date? If yes, then, somehow installation with information that it is proper date.

Pretty sure that F-Secure Support with ability to sort it out and to explain situation:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Sorry for my English!

Thanks!

• Kimmo13

Thanks @Ukko 

Your English is better then mineSmiley Wink

• Kimmo13

@Ukko wrote:

Hello,

I think that the most expected step is to contact their official Support Channel (chat, for example):

Since subscription matter is likely about high level of privacy and confidence. And (only) Support Agents with real ability to get information about subscription data.

But good to check by own steps that both things (your installation and "My F-Secure" webpage portal) are about one subscription. For example, if both solutions / packages are F-Secure SAFE - then to check that both things (installation and access to portal) are about one mail address.

If need assistance about 'how to do so' - back with reply!

29.01.2020 || 25.06.2020

Sounds that difference is about five months (where, MAYBE, "trial" one month is not counted or "disappeared"). Is it possible that your experience was about "Six-months" licence or voucher?

If so - maybe something goes wrong (after, for example, recent renewal or fresh purchase).

Although, I feel that if installation with certain date - then it should be that date.

Otherwise, maybe your experience is about two different subscriptions that are pinned to different mail addresses (accidentally). Or even two different packages. Good if you will back with feedback.

Thanks!

Hello @Ukko 

I will contact support ASAP.

Is the phone call the only way to contact it ?

If possible I prefear Email...

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Kimmo13 wrote:

Hello @Ukko 

I will contact support ASAP.

Is the phone call the only way to contact it ?

If possible I prefear Email...

Hello,

This page (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support) with two options:

-> chat (text discussing). web-based.

-> or listed phone numbers for phone call.

Thus, the phone call is not the only way to contact them. I think that "chat" option is most suitable there.

For example, chat is available on current minute (reply time). Chat option should be visible under right-bottom corner of web page as invitation blue block with words "Do you have a question? Ask one of our experts!".

Then need to provide some information and to choose "area" of ask. If Support Agent is "available" - then connection is established.

Chat discussion can be switched to another ways of troubleshooting: emails or remote diagnostic help (or both).

By the way, next knowledgebase article:

with words that if your experience is about "Facebook login" (instead of email/password) - then there are can be differences.

If you use the login through Facebook, please verify you have installed SAFE from this account and not from the one with "normal" login.

Although, I am not sure that this point can be connected with your story.

And, anyway, good to contact their Support Channel (chat, for example) with further switch to more suitable ways of discussion. However, maybe it will be enough to use only basic text chatting. Since main concern is clarification of subscription status / expiration date.

Thanks! 

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Kimmo13 

In addtion to @Ukko 's helpful contribution, the F-Secure Key you have is running independently as a result of your previous F-Secure TOTAL subscription that yoo had. Hence, the reason for the difference in the dates.

If you wish to retain F-Secure Key premium, you would need to purchase a standalone code or consider taking F-Secure TOTAL again, else you will be left with a trial version once it expires. Please remember that you will not be able to sync your passwords across your devices once F-Secure Key premium expires.

Hope this clarifies it. 

• Kimmo13

@Jaims wrote:

Hi @Kimmo13 

In addtion to @Ukko 's helpful contribution, the F-Secure Key you have is running independently as a result of your previous F-Secure TOTAL subscription that yoo had. Hence, the reason for the difference in the dates.

If you wish to retain F-Secure Key premium, you would need to purchase a standalone code or consider taking F-Secure TOTAL again, else you will be left with a trial version once it expires. Please remember that you will not be able to sync your passwords across your devices once F-Secure Key premium expires.

Hope this clarifies it. 

Hello @Jaims 

Thanks for your help, but I think that we are not talking about the same thing !

I did not use Secure Key premium, I'm using F-Secure SAFE and I yet purchased a subscription.

When I connect to "My F-Secure", in front of the first window I have:

"Votre abonnement est valide jusqu'au 29-01-2020." "Jours restants210" "Licences SAFE disponibles1 / 3". ["Your subscription is valid until 29-01-2020." "Days remaining210" "SAFE licenses available1 / 3"].

And when I look in front of F-Secure SAFE window I have: "Your subscription is valid until 25-06-2020".

So I think that "My F-Secure" updates are not working  correctly.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Kimmo13 

It is also possible that there is another SAFE account active on that device. Kindly reach out to our Support Team and we will use the Account ID to figure out which subscription is running on the afffected machine. 

• Kimmo13

Hello,

After a phone call to F-Secure support this problem is solved with the help of a very friendly technicianSmiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info