My device shows my product license is expired. I have purchased F-Secure SAFE or TOTAL subscription and it is valid.

Issue:

I have renewed my F-Secure SAFE license, but my device shows license expired.

Resolution:

You might have purchased a subscription for a different product.
Check the product installed on your device. If the product installed on your device is F-Secure Internet Security, then the subscription that you've purchased is for a different product.
In this case, you need to uninstall F-Secure Internet Security from your device, and install F-Secure SAFE. Skip to the next step if this is not the case for you.

If the product installed is the correct product for the subscription purchased: 
  • Make sure that you have renewed an existing subscription instead of purchasing a separate new subscription. If you suspect that you might have purchased a separate new subscription, contact F-Secure Support for further assistance.
  • If you use the login through Facebook, please verify you have installed SAFE from this account and not from the one with "normal" login.
  • Try restarting your device, the product may just need to be refreshed to connect to our servers.

If your F-Secure account shows the correct number of devices and restarting your device doesn't fix the issue, you may need to reinstall the product on your device:

Uninstall and reinstall F-Secure SAFE on your PC:
  1. Uninstall F-Secure SAFE using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Release the previous installation license from My F-Secure so that you can reuse the same license again.
  4. Install F-Secure SAFE on your PC.
Uninstall and reinstall F-Secure SAFE on your phone:
  1. Uninstall F-Secure SAFE app.
  2. Go to App Store or Google Play Store.
  3. Install F-Secure SAFE.
  4. Tap Login.
  5. Login using the correct account.
  6. F-Secure SAFE is now activated.
Uninstall and reinstall F-Secure on your Mac: 
  1. Open Finder, and click on Programs / Application.
  2. Open the F-Secure folder.
  3. Run Uninstall F-Secure SAFE.
  4. After the uninstallation, restart the Mac.
  5. Release the previous installation license from My F-Secure so that you can reuse the same license again.
  6. Install F-Secure SAFE on your Mac.

Article no: 000001358

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure SAFE product page

Version history
Revision #:
19 of 19
Last update:
‎12-07-2019 08:46 AM
Updated by:

Labels (6)