installing f-secure on samsung galaxy tab2

Scholar

Re: installing f-secure on samsung galaxy tab2

When the update is available I will be happy to test installation. At the moment I have removed the app from my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running on Android 4.1.2) as still unable to activate it.

Scholar

hello Just wondered if you got any further with F Secure ? I have just received a mail saying they don't support Galaxy TAB 2 as it runs a modified android version. However up until a recent update it worked perfectly, so i've offered them to give me a fix or my money back.

Aspirant

I've not heard anything about tab2 not supporting F-Secure. Tried latest version from Play Store but still get same problem.

Not impressed with product or support.

Scholar

I am also having this same problem trying to set up on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It installed ok (I think) but, when it comes to activate, it says "stopped working". It installed fine on my PC (windows7) and also my samsung galaxy w mobile phone (android 2.3) - and seems to be working ok there. I'd appreciate being kept advised when this problem has been fixed.

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Hello everybody, I apologize for the delay with this issue. According to my latest information the new version should become available in two weeks time.

Best Regards

-Jake
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Got email today asking me to install F-Secure Mobile Security from the Play Store.

Note not Tablet Security. I have done this and it has activated (some options not enabled) and early indications are good.

Scholar

Thanks very much. I have now successfully loaded F Secure mobile :)

ihb
Scholar

Have installed the mobile programme on my note 10.1 and all seems fine. Have used the key from Virgin Media link and now have 294 days left. Thanks

Scholar

Well, I'm pleased that others are now having success in installing on their android tablets...but unfortunately not me!! Have tried a number of times today to remove and install afresh; simply re-install but every time finishing up with "stopped working" on activation. Clearly, the promise 2 weeks ago of a solution in 2 weeks was optimistic! Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Scholar

Re: installing f-secure on Samsung galaxy tab2

Just tried again and still doesn't work on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Poor service if it won't work with one of the most popular tablets on the market.