cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

Aspirant

false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

After being fixed, the false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back.

Somehow, the fix has dropped off!

EDIT TITLE: Removed case number

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

It was not only NOT USEFUL, I was rather outraged by the response which directed ME to contact Whoscall and persuade THEM to contact F-Secure to arrange for Whoscall to do things according to F-Secure preferences.

It's been DECADES since I got an arrogant answer like that! (I've been in the software industry since 1968.)

As a consequence, despite a good number of years as an F-Secure customer and beta-tester, and despite having almost one full year left on my 15-license purchase, I have switched to Bitdefender.

I think F-Secure really should study the features that Bitdefender offers, there is much room for F-Secure to improve.

22 REPLIES 22
Community Manager

Re: false flagging of WhosCall on Android has come back = see original case xxxxxx

Hi Joschka2,

Sorry for getting back to you late. I have brought this to the notice of our labs for further checking.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Community Manager

Hi Joschka2,

Our labs had a quick check on your case, and the file is clean. It is currently not detected by us and the category has never been changed.

Have you updated the version of the file which has caused the detection change? It is recommended to resubmit the file to us to investigate the issue. 

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

The problem was gone and now it's back AGAIN.

It cannot be the file, it has GOT to be F-Secure!!!

(I don't remember how to submit a file on Android.)

Highlighted
Superuser

@Joschka2 wrote:

The problem was gone and now it's back AGAIN.

It cannot be the file, it has GOT to be F-Secure!!!

(I don't remember how to submit a file on Android.)

Hello,

If you downloaded this application from Google Play Store -> maybe you able transfer it with F-Secure SAS:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url

As URL (for Google Play market page) and with description/option "I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results" -> you able to provide that subject of this "transfer" is false positive detection for this application (which possible to download by this URL);

Or maybe there will be help from F-Secure Community Managers (as it was with previous situation);

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks!

Aspirant

Thanks for trying.

That URL seems to be ONLY for a web page being blocked. It is NOT for an app being flagged.

F-Secure SAFE gives me essentially NO options for dealing with this situation where F-SECURE SAFE itself is WRONG!

Superuser

@Joschka2 wrote:

Thanks for trying.

That URL seems to be ONLY for a web page being blocked. It is NOT for an app being flagged.

F-Secure SAFE gives me essentially NO options for dealing with this situation where F-SECURE SAFE itself is WRONG!

Yes, generally it designed to report false-positive for URL (or there possible switch tab to files-report);

But since - there maybe not possible to get .apk-file and transfer it to F-Secure SAS: I suggested kind of "workaround".

When you transfer URL (official Google Play market for this application) and under description you able to provide words that URL is OK - but application from this URL is blocked.

But anyway - I also just repeated such situation with my Android smartphone - so I able to try such workaround by me. :)

While - under this topic - maybe will be normal official response from F-Secure team.

Thanks!

// other meanings I added there;

Superuser

Hello,

I got response from F-Secure Labs that they found "file is clean and it was false-positive detection, which will be dropped with next updates";

I do not able to check it with Android device on current time - but maybe you able to re-check if there still any detection for Whoscall (with your experience)?

Still not sure - if there any proper workarounds for "exclude/ignore" such detection; and what will be with next Whoscall build-update.

Thanks.

Aspirant

They told me the same thing. But after the 'false-detection' went away, it came back.

Right now it's back so I just ignore it and grumble.

Superuser

@Joschka2 wrote:

They told me the same thing. But after the 'false-detection' went away, it came back.

Right now it's back so I just ignore it and grumble.

Hello,

Yes, but I talk about certain current situation on last week (OR it already "dropped" and back else one time?!); And I got "response"... generally... 'today';

And as with previous my reply - still not sure - how it will be with next "Whoscall" own build update (which maybe will trigger detection else one time); And does there should be any "strong" options for exclude certain application for being detected.