disabling nagging SAFE popup in Chrome

Aspirant

disabling nagging SAFE popup in Chrome

Is it possible somehow to disable the nagging popup from SAFE when I do not wish to install the SAFE plugin for Chrome? It used to be annoying to get the popup every day or every browser restart. But I tried to live with it. Now, after latest updates, the popup keeps coming and coming, there is maybe 1 minute between that it does not come. And it pops up and out by itself constantly.

Of course, I found a solution, which is to uninstall SAFE. And so I uninstalled SAFE. Would prefer to be able to use the product I paid for...

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser

Re: disabling nagging SAFE popup in Chrome

Hello,

Sorry for my ask.

How it looks? Does it ask for install extension or to enable installed extension?

Does it not possible to disable/deny prompt (remove extension from Google Chrome)?

I tried to re-check with my system:

-- F-Secure SAFE technology preview/beta was installed under Windows 7 system;

-- Then I tried to install Google Chrome; It's installed as default browser (not by me?!).

F-Secure Browsing Protection is added to extensions; I removed F-Secure Browsing Protection extension by Google Chrome settings.

-- There is not visible popups after such (and before this -> was visible ?! kind of prompt-notification that was installed fresh extension).

Does it with differences about stable F-Secure SAFE? Or your experience about some other plugins?

Thanks!

Aspirant

Hi, thanks for trying. I am using Mac and the latest OSX version. The one with the SSH bug that was just patched.

I have full version of SAFE installed, as part of TOTAL package. I have not installed any SAFE extension to Chrome, since I do not wish to have it. I do have it installed in Firefox, which works fine.I use the browsers for different purposes, which is why.

I did think an option could be to install the SAFE extension in Chrome and then disable it. Maybe that would stop the nagging. But I would prefer not to install any more extensions than I have to, and fail to see the need for me to go do gimmicks when a simple checkbox choice in SAFE should do it.

I do have uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger installed as Chrome extension but I do not think that should affect anything since SAFE is just complaining about the missing SAFE extension.

Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your answer and clarification!

So, I'm not sure how it should work with Mac-platform. Except that:

I did think an option could be to install the SAFE extension in Chrome and then disable it. Maybe that would stop the nagging. But I would prefer not to install any more extensions than I have to, and fail to see the need for me to go do gimmicks when a simple checkbox choice in SAFE should do it.

sounds as partly reasonable point.

Maybe will be good to receive attention from F-Secure Mac team about another potential workaround or designed steps to 'deny' popup (which will be valid for you). Potentially, possible to try boost up situation with direct F-Secure Support Channels (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support).

Thanks!