Senior Advisor

Re: Uninistallation tool

Simon you can find one here; ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/

But not sure if it is the latest!

View solution in original post

F-Secure

Hi Blackcat, 

The latest version will always be located in ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/

Best regards,
Fendy

----

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hello,

Thank you for all the feedbacks and comments given, these are very important to us and surely will guide toward our improvements.

I have opened a thread for the Uninstallation Tool download links, hope this will provide some helps.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

23 REPLIES 23
Senior Advisor

Simon you can find one here; ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/

But not sure if it is the latest!

Superuser

Thanks Blackcat.

The point is though, it should be easy to find on the site, via the links at the bottom of the pages, and it just doesn't seem to be there.

Senior Advisor

I agree. Most other vendors have their uninstall procedure/uninstall tool displayed as an important sticky post on their forums.

Take a look at this one for example; IMHO the F-Secure site is not easy to find things for both newbies and experienced users.

Capture 2 .GIF

Superuser

Yes, and on the Bitdefender site, they have this:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/removal-tools-%28uninstallers%29-for-common-antivirus-software-11...

But the tool itself seems to have been removed form the FS link.

F-Secure

Hi Blackcat, 

The latest version will always be located in ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/

Best regards,
Fendy

----

Superuser

Hi Fendy,

That's fine, but where is a link to it that anyone can find?

I see this topic has been marked as solved, but I would respectfully dispute that it has, as the Uninstall Tool should, in my opinion, be easy to find on the website, and we still have no website link to it.

If there is a reason why FS Support don't want the tool to be made too freely available, I would be interested to hear it. :)
Senior Advisor

Hi Fendy, 

thanks for confirmation.

But for newbies it is still not clear on the main site where to obtain the uninstaller and even then on the ftp site it is not clear that this is the latest version. 

Maybe the Uninstaller can be listed under the "Free Tools" section together with Online Scanner, Health Check and anti-theft. In fact IMHO, the uninstaller tool is more important than the latter 3 tools.

Further if you are to keep with the ftp site maybe it can be clearly stated that the uninstaller listed is the LATEST version. At the present time this is not clear with the date shown!

Novice

"That's fine, but where is a link to it that anyone can find?

I see this topic has been marked as solved, but I would respectfully dispute that it has, as the Uninstall Tool should, in my opinion, be easy to find on the website, and we still have no website link to it.

If there is a reason why FS Support don't want the tool to be made too freely available, I would be interested to hear it. :smileyhappy:"

Where is the link? I found it through the manager itself. It's not even that hard, you just click the question mark icon on the top right, go on "help", then click "uninstallation", and it tells you how to do it. It's not hard, you really just open your eyes and not whine about it and mark petty little asides about them not wanting you to unistall it. Of course they don't, "if there's a reason why FS Support don't want the tool to be made too freely available"... et cetera. Well duh, of course they want you to use their product.

So, stop playing neglected consumer so hard, it's annoying for everyone, especially when the fault is your own, for just not looking very hard.

Senior Advisor

Thank you valued new member Smiley Tongue

if you take a look through a LOT of the threads on this forum a lot of users would like to know how to uninstall F-Secure completely and therefore would need access to the uninstall tool.

Unfortunately not all AVERAGE users are as computer savvy as you!

In addition I would like to think that all users would support rather than slag off other people who are Contributors using their valuable time to help others on this Forum.

So I look forward to your helpful comments in the future on F-secure products.