Strange advice off F Secure

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Strange advice off F Secure

Hello Norman,

I have already reported this matter internally. It is under investigation and I'll update you on that if and when possible.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

@Ben is part of the F-Secure support team. I'm sure he / they will be onto this. Smiley Wink

As a rule, though, always check the url, and go via http://www.f-secure.com for support. :)

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Norman,

You might want to scan your system by running our Online Scanner.

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/online-scanner

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Hi Ben and Simon,

Thank you so much for trying to help and passing this on internally. Hopefully it might get resolved and I'll get my money back. I forgot to mention that JMK Technical who took over my laptop by remote, left quite a few little programmes inc one called 'trusted installer' hidden on the laptop after they said they'd finished. I deleted what I could find but still have a 'Command Prompt' in the Files that I cant delete.

Thanks again for the excellent help I've recieved from you.

Norman

Superuser

As well as running the F-Secure Online Scanner, as recommended by Ben, it might also be worth running a full scan with Malwarebytes, which I think you said you have installed.

I think you should try to remove everything they might have left behind, and I would also suggest that you might be wise to inform your payment card company, just to be on the safe side.
Superuser

@Ben - would a System Restore help in this situation, to before the Remote Access Session?
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

@Simon , that could indeed help the situation. As you said removing all that as been installed during the remote session in this case is essential.

Best Regards

-Ben

Highlighted
Aspirant

Thank you Ben and Simon once again. Ive taken your advice and have done a system restore and also deleted quite a few little programmes that were hidden in the files. System restore unfortunately  didnt remove them as the only restore point was the same day this event happened. Ive also left a message for Barclays asking if I am covered  for this and told them F-Secure are looking into it thanks to help from you guys. I gave Barclays the url of that site pretending to be part of F-Secure aswell and I'm sure they'll agree it looked professional. Many thanks guys.

Norman

View solution in original post

Aspirant

Hello again Ben,

Sorry for the inconvenience but I closed this case too early and I really wanted to get some feedback from F-Secure . This   JMK company passing itself off as F-Secure anti virus support should not be allowed to hoax vulnerable  people.  Surely F-Secure should act on this and get them stopped. Can I trouble you to undo my case closed post please.  Thank you Ben & Simon for your help,

Norman

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Norman,

You do not need to worry this case has not been closed on our side (even if you accepted a solution) and we will continue our investigation on it internally. 

Best Regards

-Ben