Serial key installed but wont work

Highlighted
Scholar

Serial key installed but wont work

Just like the topic says.. I have installed the serial key but F-secure keep asking me to install or update. Worked fine for 5 days, then suddenly yesterday(13/06/15) warnings started popping up that my computer was unprotected.

What should I do?

/Ludwig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: Serial key installed but wont work

Hi

It sounds like the licensing component is confused about what is installed. Did you by any chance do a system restore to a previous restore point. That has been known to cause this problem sometimes.

In any case, it should be fixable by the instructions above.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Ludwig,

Please check on your Order/Subscription details and verify that which types of license you have, single seat or 3-seats license and how many seats being validated, this is showing under F-Secure Launchpad > F-Secure > View my subscription.

"I have installed the serial key but F-secure keep asking me to install or update."
- May I know what is the exact message popping up for this issue?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hey Jayson! Thanks for helping me out!

I have a single seat subscription for 24 months as of 13/06/10.

The warnings say (translated from swedish):

The computer is not protected

The subscription have expired

When I open the launch pad it just says "Install products" and then the menu on the right. I have checked my license and it doesn't expire until 15/06/10, but for some reason I don't have the protection. What's even more confusing is that when I look at the security via the control panel it says that F-Secure is up and running, protecting the computer.

Thanks again!

/Ludwig

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Ludwig,

Please reinstall the program by following steps below: 

- Download and run the Uninstallation Tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until uninstallation completed then restart your computer.
- Logon to Windows after your computer restarted. Go to "C:\Program Files", make sure that the "F-Secure Program" folder is deleted.
- Download and reinstall your program.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure

Hi

It sounds like the licensing component is confused about what is installed. Did you by any chance do a system restore to a previous restore point. That has been known to cause this problem sometimes.

In any case, it should be fixable by the instructions above.

View solution in original post

Scholar

I got it to work now! I did a system restore a couple of days ago! 

Thanks for the help! I'm really thankfull! 

Best regards! /Ludwig

Novice

I was expecting a more technical solution to this problem.. Realy! a system restore?

I am having the same issue and I am unable to install in several workstations. if is not one thing is another. and I can't get F-Secure to contact me...

Day three since i opened a ticket.

Ridiculous

Advocate

Not sure if you perhaps misunderstood...  A system restore might cause this problem. It's not the solution.

You should follow the instructions in Jayson's second post.

In my experience it might sometimes take a few days to get a reply from support. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi nujapa,

This thread was created about a year ago, I believe you might be having a different issue than this one. Kindly describe your problem in detail. Where applicable, please provide:

• The name and version of the F-secure software you are using,
  • The Operating System and service pack related to your request,
  • Type of hardware used (more relevant in mobile related questions),
  • Relevant (error) logs and screenshots where you have blurred private information from them.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson