Serial key installed but wont work
Just like the topic says.. I have installed the serial key but F-secure keep asking me to install or update. Worked fine for 5 days, then suddenly yesterday(13/06/15) warnings started popping up that my computer was unprotected.
What should I do?
Please check on your Order/Subscription details and verify that which types of license you have, single seat or 3-seats license and how many seats being validated, this is showing under F-Secure Launchpad > F-Secure > View my subscription.
"I have installed the serial key but F-secure keep asking me to install or update."
- May I know what is the exact message popping up for this issue?
Hey Jayson! Thanks for helping me out!
I have a single seat subscription for 24 months as of 13/06/10.
The warnings say (translated from swedish):
The computer is not protected
The subscription have expired
When I open the launch pad it just says "Install products" and then the menu on the right. I have checked my license and it doesn't expire until 15/06/10, but for some reason I don't have the protection. What's even more confusing is that when I look at the security via the control panel it says that F-Secure is up and running, protecting the computer.
Please reinstall the program by following steps below:
- Download and run the Uninstallation Tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until uninstallation completed then restart your computer.
- Logon to Windows after your computer restarted. Go to "C:\Program Files", make sure that the "F-Secure Program" folder is deleted.
- Download and reinstall your program.
Ville Posts: 603 F-Secure Employee
It sounds like the licensing component is confused about what is installed. Did you by any chance do a system restore to a previous restore point. That has been known to cause this problem sometimes.
In any case, it should be fixable by the instructions above.
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products5 Like
I was expecting a more technical solution to this problem.. Realy! a system restore?
I am having the same issue and I am unable to install in several workstations. if is not one thing is another. and I can't get F-Secure to contact me...
Day three since i opened a ticket.
Not sure if you perhaps misunderstood... A system restore might cause this problem. It's not the solution.
You should follow the instructions in Jayson's second post.
In my experience it might sometimes take a few days to get a reply from support. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.
This thread was created about a year ago, I believe you might be having a different issue than this one. Kindly describe your problem in detail. Where applicable, please provide:
- The name and version of the F-secure software you are using,
- The Operating System and service pack related to your request,
- Type of hardware used (more relevant in mobile related questions),
- Relevant (error) logs and screenshots where you have blurred private information from them.