Optimization Technology

Scholar

Optimization Technology

Dear F-secure users,Smiley Happy

I ve heard that F-secure products use Bitdefender engine with other in-house made engines. I would like to know whether this includes the photon optimization technology too. I ask this just because i feel f-secure safe pretty heavy on my machine and there seem to be no option to tweak f-secure safe in the settings. Kindly let me know. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser

Re: Optimization Technology

Hello,

Mostly this is (Bitdefender engine) valid for advanced signature-based engine (as part of F-Secure Aquarius core);

I not sure if their "Photon"-technology is part of this engine (or not), but probably F-Secure do not include this certain technology. I do not remember about certain specific optimizations by Photon technology, but I able to think that F-Secure covered some of them under their own design/steps (with different view and points); And some of them can be uncovered (?);

Good if there will be clarification from F-Secure; Or from more experienced users;

I also able to suggest -> good if you will explain what certain things or "steps"  triggered "pretty heavy"-feelings about F-Secure work under your system.

Maybe it possible to tweak by some meanings or F-Secure team able to improve this!

Basically F-Secure do not provide "one-button" option to "boost it!", but they tried to create certain design with friendly-meanings for user's experience and for system's resources.

Thanks!

Community Manager

Re: Optimization Technology

Hi Govind,

No, we don’t use BitDefender's Photon-technology. Instead we use our inhouse object reputation Service Platform (ORSP) for cloud scanning.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.