We've received a few reports from Windows XP users about a problem where Internet Security 2012 states that the license has expired even though the license should be valid still.
We have made an easy tool to fix the issue.
1. Download RestoreOperatorId.exe tool from: our customer FTP.
2. Run the tool on the problematic computer.
3. Reboot computer.
4. Check for updates by right clicking the F-Secure systray icon (near the windows clock) and by clicking "Check updates".
5. Once updates are downloaded, reboot the computer.
And for those who are interested; MD5 checksum for RestoreOperatorId.exe is: be2555bb171abecbacbd27b281a78581
My company has had two of these cases today with Win 7 computers and two different licenses that I know for sure are new and shouldn't be expired... I tried the tool, but nothing happened.
I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket for further assistances:
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions