Internet Security 2012 states that license is expired even though license should still be valid

Former F-Secure Employee

Internet Security 2012 states that license is expired even though license should still be valid

We've received a few reports from Windows XP users about a problem where Internet Security 2012 states that the license has expired even though the license should be valid still.

We have made an easy tool to fix the issue.

1. Download RestoreOperatorId.exe tool from: our customer FTP.
2. Run the tool on the problematic computer.
3. Reboot computer.
4. Check for updates by right clicking the F-Secure systray icon (near the windows clock) and by clicking "Check updates".
5. Once updates are downloaded, reboot the computer.

And for those who are interested; MD5 checksum for RestoreOperatorId.exe is: be2555bb171abecbacbd27b281a78581

5 REPLIES 5
Scholar

Re: Internet Security 2012 states that license is expired even though license should still be valid

Great tip. Thanks for sharing it to the community..

Scholar

Re: Internet Security 2012 states that license is expired even though license should still be valid

My company has had two of these cases today with Win 7 computers and two different licenses that I know for sure are new and shouldn't be expired... I tried the tool, but nothing happened.

Novice

hi, i just tried to renovation my suscription, but the subscription code wasn´t admit, what can I do if I allready pay whit my credit card? Tks
Novice

help please
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi goleta11,

I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket for further assistances:
http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.