I failed to set up F-Secure Online Scanner due to error message indicated

I could download the software, but when I tried to set it up, suddenly an error message was shown as:

f secure.png

I don't know why this happened. Please help me check this out. Thanks a lot. 

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

First of all, there is next Knowledgebase article:

Where some troubles are documented OR workarounds are suggested.

In addition, such trouble is discussed under Community (but with not visible solution) under next board:

Maybe, it is possible to search them and check if any suggestion is useful for you.

As my own current suggestions:

-> to check requirements and workarounds from KnowledgeBase article.

-> then to doublecheck that your system with all recent updates; and even Internet Explorer with most recent available version for OS. Furthermore, possible to check against default settings of Internet Explorer (if your configuration with certain tweaks). Though, it sounds strange.

By the way, what is your system?

Thanks!

• tthn235
    tthn235 Posts: 3 New Member

My system is Windows 7 Ultimate. 

• Ukko

@tthn235 wrote:

My system is Windows 7 Ultimate. 

Hello,

If you already did checks against points from article - then my suggestion is:

-> to be sure that your Windows 7 with installed Service Pack One (SP1).

-> maybe to doublecheck what is your Internet Explorer version. Most likely, that for Windows 7 latest one is Internet Explorer 11:

If this version is installed (and all updates for system), but trouble with F-Secure Online Scanner is still there -- good to back with reply!

Thanks!

• tthn235
    tthn235 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your guide. In fact, I already gave up on F-Secure Online Scanner as I don't have enough time to look for any solutions to my case. Instead, I found alternative way to scan and get rid of malwares from my devices. 

However, there is one problem. I didn't manage to install F-Secure Online Scanner and already deleted the set up files. Why whenever I open my laptop, it always appears the error message from F-Secure although I already removed anything related to the tool? 

I will attach this message again as a photo. 

f secure.png

• Ukko

Hello,

Sounds strange, of course.

However, there is one problem. I didn't manage to install F-Secure Online Scanner and already deleted the set up files. 

In general, I think that F-Secure Online Scanner is a tool that runs only once (on demand). So, it is not installed even if it is possible to run a scan. But I am not sure about its current design.

Why whenever I open my laptop, it always appears the error message from F-Secure although I already removed anything related to the tool? 

Strange situation, indeed. Maybe good to know:

-> did you try to restart system (possible to suspect that "yes", but anyway).

-> such output is created right after system boot up? or during try to open certain application as example?

-> do you able to check your autorun keys? With meanings - if anything is configured to autorun with system boot up? If need something as advice about "how to check it" - back with reply and I (or any other user) will try to think about enough steps.

Maybe, also, it is good to check about clearing cache of browser or temp files. But good to know a little be more information (is trouble pinned to certain application or indeed only boot up system is enough).

There is also generic Microsoft article about general situation (with some information which can be useful for your situation too):

Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

If the solutions Ukko has kindly taken the time to suggest don't rectify the situation, then I would recommend that you run the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool which should remove all traces of the product from your device.

This discussion has been closed.