How do you like/not like F-Secure?

Aspirant

How do you like/not like F-Secure?

Hi,

I am currently evaluating F-Secure (IS) for home ( 3 PCs) use and I wish to know your thoughts as a current user (AV or IS).  When sharing, please state how long you have been using then comments. My presupposition is that I am currently a un-happy Outpost (Against) user and I have have some technical knowledge. I do like what I see so far from IS after two (2) days of use.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

DJ  / USA

31 REPLIES 31
Senior Advisor

Re: How do you like/not like F-Secure?

IS user of a while(few years). Except few flaws here and there, I really like it
Aspirant

I've used F-Secure for years and always liked it.  It's improved over the years, but the really great thing is the support.  Get it, you won't be disappointed.Cat Happy

Senior Advisor

Agree about support.
Aspirant

Thank you everyone who has replied so far. I am now in day five in using IS and I am finding the following...

1) Little to none for system performance impact (idle or scanning)

2) After reading the 48 page manual, there is a lot more "under the hood" then what the UI provides. This is both a good thing for the common user but for the "power" user, there could be more advanced options. There is a benefit of a simple setup and just forgetting however.

3) The MS firewall augmentation with "Deepguard" is very interesting to me and I kind of like the idea despite some users here not happy with this change.

4) The independent scanning engines and options are rather curious.... When I manually scan, I would like to can for all possible threats... This might be just personal preference however...

5) Like the "cloud" concept and implementation.

6) I have also downloaded and testing F-Secure for Android... So far, so good.

7) From the cooperate prospective, I like F-Secure's dedication to internet security and not to other PC apps and such (like Comodo, McAfee...)

8) I did contact support and did get a quick responce (nice).

Is anyone testing the new bata? How often do program updates come down?

Senior Advisor

I am testing new beta, and they're coming every 2 weeks or fewer(well, it's ongoing process, it actually doesn't stop after every new release, just in the very late phase it's called "Beta", otherwise it's called just "Technology Preview")

Aspirant

How do you like the new UI? Do you think this is something for me to see before committing to F-Secure?

Highlighted
Aspirant

Supporter

Nice YouTube link you found there, DJ :)

Having "lightly" tested the beta, I would have to agree with the guy on YouTube, it is the best, cleanest and easy to read and follow version IMHO. I also like the look of the Launch Pad, nice rich colors, including a Gaming mode option. Another nice little smile feature is that the Desktop monitor on the main UI Status window, is your Windows desktop on the monitor...nice touch, F-Secure :) I think this is the version I will be switching to (I have a 2013 IS license), and eventually on to all my PCs.

F-Secure 2014 beta.png

F-Secure 2014 beta3.png

Aspirant

Siramic -

Thanks for the beta pics (I also like what I have seen!) and feedback.... In doing a little research, I am struck by how transparent F-Secure is about the updates and the current Bata program. It appears the future looks very promising as I gain more confidence in the software and the company. I am seeking a 2-year relationship for my family (3 PCs and one android phone)  Smiley Happy

For all -

Does anyone know if the virus sig. updates and/or software updates are batched (once or more per day) or streamed as they become available? Also, if a NEW virus (or malware of any type) was discovered (by F- Secure) on my system, how quickly will the community of users (globally) be protected?

Thanks again, DJ