First update after reboot always fails - Anti-Virus for Mac

Scholar

First update after reboot always fails - Anti-Virus for Mac

After rebooting my Mac when I manually check for updates, the update always fails with an error message to check my connection and try again. However if I check again immediatley afterwards the update and subsequent updates work ok.

I am currently testing the product on a 30-day trial.

I am running OS X Mavericks (10.9.2) and the version of Anti-Virus is Version 1.0.282 (13406).

thanks,

Robin

--------

5 REPLIES 5
Supporter

Re: First update after reboot always fails - Anti-Virus for Mac

Hi evfrson,

Does the issue occur directly after reboot? If so, you could try to wait for a while as the computer might take time to detect the internet connection.

Even if F-Secure is not able to download virus definitions right away after reboot, it will download them automatically later on. If not, the software will notify you that definitions are old.

Scholar

The issue occurs directly after reboot and if I wait a while after reboot, maybe 5 minutes.

Also I opened browser to make sure I could connect to the internet and then checked for updates and it still failed.

However if I check for updates again straight away it always works ok.

Supporter

Strange, hard to tell what's wrong. Can you try to reinstall F-Secure and see if it works better?

Scholar

I tried to uninstall and reinstall but the uninstall tool failed with the error number 1009.

I used to get this error on the older version of Anti-Virus for Mac.

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed.

I am beginning to think that F-Secure testing process isn't that good.

I've given up now and trying a product from another vendor.

Supporter

Hello evfrson. 

Sorry for the late reply. 

If you in the future deside to try F-secure again and the same issue would be present for you i would suggest that you open a support ticket here so this can be investigated. 

Br

Johan