Facebook F-Secure malware scanner

Re: Facebook F-Secure malware scanner

Superuser

So, can we basically assume that no one should see this popup unless they've been up to no good on Facebook, whether that be by their own volition or not?

What I find curious is that those who have given up on the scan as it appeared to have stalled, have then done manual scans which have found no malware. So, what is Facebook detecting which prompts the alerts?

Highlighted

Simon,

I doubt your going to get a straight answer on that one :)

It would require one of the people involved in that "activity" to reply here.

I can try to find the FB guidelines on this when I get some free time, that will narrow it down. PeAcE

Superuser

Lol! Well, several already have! Smiley Very Happy

I meant with details, the tool seems to have a  Behavioural aspect to it Smiley Tongue

F-Secure Product Expert

Simon, yes, if Facebook profile behaves in suspisious way, it will be put into remediation flow. Of course, detection criteria are not 100% precise so there can be false positives.

Running "normal" F-Secure Online Scanner from our web site will not help to release profile regardless of scan result. To release profile, Facebook backend expects a termination signal from the scanner, and this signal can only be sent by our scanner that comes from Facebook. "Normal" Online Scanner doesn't send this signal. The only way to release is to complete the flow: download scanner manually from the link provided on Facebook page and run it:

fbflow03.png

There are many threats that dwell in Facebook, Twitter and other social networks nowadays, and some of them are on the rise. It is not a secret. Read about it:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/archive/2013/06/11/rise-of-the-social-bots.aspx

DK

Superuser

OK, thanks for the info, DK.
Novice

Cant log
Novice

Glory this not working try to log to facebook cant someone know
F-Secure Product Expert

Could you give more details? At what Facebook page do you currently stuck?