cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F secure safe will not install

Scholar

F secure safe will not install

I have just purchased F secure through Virgin Media.  When I attempt to install safe.  I get a message informing me that My computer is missing Windows update KB2999226.   

When I go onto the windows download site, and attempt to download the required item.  I then get a message showing:  WINDOWS UPDATE STANDALONE INSTALLER:  Only one instance of wusa.exe is allowed to run.

Can anybody help me with this.  If I can't download F secure safe, can I get arefund??

5 REPLIES
Superuser

Re: F secure safe will not install

Is wusa.exe listed in Task Manager?  If so, can you End Task?

Scholar

No  The only things in task manager are 

Google Chrome

Microsoft Outlook (32bit)

Superuser

What about the Processes tab?

@Johno57 wrote:

I have just purchased F secure through Virgin Media.  When I attempt to install safe.  I get a message informing me that My computer is missing Windows update KB2999226.   

When I go onto the windows download site, and attempt to download the required item.  I then get a message showing:  WINDOWS UPDATE STANDALONE INSTALLER:  Only one instance of wusa.exe is allowed to run.

Can anybody help me with this.  If I can't download F secure safe, can I get arefund??

Hey, 

While I suspect you might get a refund, it sounds to me like this machine is potentially broken and may not be getting Windows updates as expected.

It is probably worth investigating this more thoroughly whether or not you end up using Safe. 

Hi Johno57,

This is a Windows techical issue and it's best for you to contact Microsoft for support. Their number is +1800 642 7676 (US), 0344 800 2400 (UK), 132058 (AUS).

If you wish to get a refund, please contact our Customer Support here.