F secure safe will not install

I have just purchased F secure through Virgin Media.  When I attempt to install safe.  I get a message informing me that My computer is missing Windows update KB2999226.   

When I go onto the windows download site, and attempt to download the required item.  I then get a message showing:  WINDOWS UPDATE STANDALONE INSTALLER:  Only one instance of wusa.exe is allowed to run.

Can anybody help me with this.  If I can't download F secure safe, can I get arefund??

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Is wusa.exe listed in Task Manager?  If so, can you End Task?

• Johno57
    Johno57 Posts: 2 New Member

No  The only things in task manager are 

Google Chrome

Microsoft Outlook (32bit)

• Simon

What about the Processes tab?

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

@Johno57 wrote:

I have just purchased F secure through Virgin Media.  When I attempt to install safe.  I get a message informing me that My computer is missing Windows update KB2999226.   

When I go onto the windows download site, and attempt to download the required item.  I then get a message showing:  WINDOWS UPDATE STANDALONE INSTALLER:  Only one instance of wusa.exe is allowed to run.

Can anybody help me with this.  If I can't download F secure safe, can I get arefund??

Hey, 

While I suspect you might get a refund, it sounds to me like this machine is potentially broken and may not be getting Windows updates as expected.

It is probably worth investigating this more thoroughly whether or not you end up using Safe. 

• TifaOng
    TifaOng Posts: 32 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Johno57,

This is a Windows techical issue and it's best for you to contact Microsoft for support. Their number is +1800 642 7676 (US), 0344 800 2400 (UK), 132058 (AUS).

If you wish to get a refund, please contact our Customer Support here.

• LennartJ
    LennartJ Posts: 1 Observer

Similar problem when i tried to reistall F-secure on my Win8.1 (x64), but i found a solution.....:)

First of all, i know very little of computers, so i asked my operator's "Premium Support" people to fix it. They spent about 3 hours trying to solve it but didnt manage. Their  final advice was to back up all my files and make a factory reset of the pc.

However, i learned quite a lot by watching them trying to fix the problem (remotely), and that gave me one idea which i tried this morning.

I opened Task Manager and chose services. Then looked for "wuauserv" (Windows Update). Then i right-clicked and chose "Stop".

And then i tried the upgrade again...You might understand my satisfaction when i finally managed to dowload the upgrade KB2999226!

I then did a restart and ran the F-secure installation without problem!

(I might be that the support-people had done some stuff in the background which made this solution possible. They repaired and remove files, but never got the Windows update working properly)

• Simon

Well done!  Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info