F secure is offered free by spectrum ISP service.

Scholar

F secure is offered free by spectrum ISP service.

I found out yesterday that f secure is offered by spectrum WiFi service free of charge. My only concern is do they keep the product up to date with F secures product versions? Do we get the same updates and product upgrades as if I purchased the software directly from F secure. The only reason why I ask this is becaouse Comcast delayed the version of mcafee back when I used it.

3 REPLIES 3
Scholar

Re: F secure is offered free by spectrum ISP service.

12 hours and still no reply????? Pretty bad that F secure has no idea how to answer a simple question!!!!! This software is being used by an ISP to represent, you’re company. I would hope that you would supply charter with the best possible protection and updates program.... we may never know the answer...

Superuser

Hello,

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

I think that you could try to ask them directly via official Support channels (for example, chat):

Or, anyway, it is better to ask Spectrum (perhaps). At least, they are surely know what is the solution that their offered. And whether is it possible to 'share' this information from F-Secure side or not.

Otherwise, official F-Secure Community staff may respond later too.

Based on my experience - depends on certain partnerships.

Such branded, customized or channeled solutions are quite often up-to-date with F-Secure current stable solution. However, there can be a delay with receiving most 'recent' version (with meanings major upgrade / change). Perhaps, matter of month / some months. But it does not reduce, basically, protection level of common fields (signatures-based and so).

But, of course, certain situations with partial outdated version. By 'agremeent' or due to inaction of the provider.

All in all, I think that customers may request 'updated/upgraded' build from their ISP (if ISP forgot to do so itself).

Thanks!

Scholar

Follow up it appears charter is updating it's security suite now as i was just informed. see what happens when you speak up????