Any progress for BP compatibility with Firefox 10?

Supporter

Re: Any progress for BP compatibility with Firefox 10?

Check if you F-Secure has the lastest F-Secure Browsing Protection SW Update 2012-02-16_01.

If not update your antivirus program and if sucesfull try upgrading Firefox again

I have mine successfully set up for Firsfox latest version. But I would rather use Chrome since it's more lightweight than using firefox. 

Check out task manager and compare the memory used by both of them. 

Supporter

As far as I recall F-Secure does not offer full range of Browsing Protection features for Chrome

Supporter

Somehow  BP was not compatible with FF10.2 at 4pm EST, 3 h later is fine

Scholar

Mine is FF 10.0.2, and F-secure is Internet Security 2012 purchased 3 weeks ago.

Add-On BP doesn't get updated automatically during hourly update of F-Secure for the updated FF. Doesn't it work so in F-Secure Internet Security 2012?

At least in "N" company's product, add-on is updated automatically during regular update, and the update to support newly released browsers usually takes a couple of days, if not really soon. 

I think 2-weeks of waiting time to support the new browser needs to be improved... I see one comment that 2-weeks is the company policy to follow at latest and it is released on the last day for the target. Then it would be nice to revisit the policy... Simply It is too long when people use the internet in their daily life nowadays, and also it doesn't seem so working effectively after the release.

Or in case I am not aware of how the BP add-on to get updated and if not updated automatically, can anyone give a bit detailed instruction?

Also, not the topic for this discussion threads but,

another wish is that it would be really nice to support Chrome officially soon...

Scholar

Is or is not Firefox 10 compatible with Browsing protection?  Tried yesterday upgrading to Firefox 10 and BP is disabled.  Contacted support via chat and told it is not compatible.  An hour later receive a Twitter reply from @FSecure saying it is compatible and that I need to enable it again using Firefox addons - yet this doesn't seem to work.

Highlighted
Superuser

YES!

FF10.0.2 is compatible with BP. if it does not work try disabling/reeanbling form F-Secure GUI

BR

Matthias

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Scholar

Thanks - tried that, but still not working.  No response from support chat at the moment either.

Superuser

check the folder %f-secure%\NRS when did the files in there get updated? Any files on or after 17.02.2012?

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Scholar

Can't see any files in that folder after 29.09.2011.